Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Like it or Not, Andre, Carl Froch Holds The Cards at 168

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Froch holds a lot of the financial cards. But people seem to forget, Ward has HBO.

There's no real advantage for Ward to go to the UK if HBO doesn't want to go there for the fight because that is where the BULK of the money will come from.

So Ward does need some incentive financially from Hearn to go to the UK and then I'd imagine HBO would follow if Ward said that is what he wanted. But Ward will get paid by HBO no matter who he fights next.

As far as who is champion, you can hold any belt you want buy boxing fans know Ward lost his belt bogusly and everyone outside of the UK (and some smart fans inside it) know that Ward is clearly the lineal champion and that is all that matters.

Comment

'But Ward is #1 at 168, he should be calling the shots'

Boxing is a business, it doesn't happen like that. It doesn't matter if you're #1, if #2 has all the attention, fans and money then you bend to their demands. Get it through your thick fuckin' heads people.

It's got nothing to do with the 'UK guys', it seems to be Americans failing to understand that the money in this fight does not rest in USA - it lies in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by theboxingguru View Post
        They can fight in Vegas.. it should do well there. BUT Froch isn't the only credible fight for Ward. I think Pascal will be a good opponent, as well as Cleverly, of course Chavez. Froch is grossly over playing his position
        EXACTLY!!!....I don't know why dudes act like they were born last weekend or something!!

Comment

Ward said he doesn't want to go up to light-heavyweight, don't anyone dare mention catchweight.

Comment

Ward is also on record saying he could beat the Klitschkos. Maybe he should call out Wladimir? LOL.

Comment

Honestly, if I was Ward I'd just forget about Carl Froch. He's already got a win over him, it wasn't even close and he was handicapped with a hand injury. It's not like he needs to right any wrongs, although Froch believes he does.

Ward is making it too obvious that he's chasing that fight and Froch is just teasing him. Ward should go up to 175, rematch Dawson at Dawson's actual weight, the win he has over him currently doesn't mean ****.

There are plenty of people at light-heavy he could fight. All he's doing at 168 chasing the Froch fight is suffocating his career, he's in his prime and should be making a legacy for himself.

Comment

Reading a lot of dumb **** about Ward-Froch 2 and its predicatably from the usual gaggle of dribbling race warriors(floyd fans on the whole). Ward beat Froch already...blah blah blah...So ****ing what? Who else is Ward going to fight and has Froch not done enough to warrant another go at working out the Ward puzzle? Whats to say it wont be different this time?

Personally, I think Ward would win. I like the guy in and out of the ring, same with Froch and it would be brilliant for the fans and brilliant for Wards standing if he did travel to England. What makes it the right thing to do is that the SMW division, particularly in light of the super six tourney, is a truly international division. The only guy that doesnt travel is Ward and thats really the only knock you can put on the guy.

If he does travel to England and is succesful then it will elevate him to the point where he could be a big PPV star, something he deserves, but something he isnt as of now.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                  Reading a lot of dumb **** about Ward-Froch 2 and its predicatably from the usual gaggle of dribbling race warriors(floyd fans on the whole). Ward beat Froch already...blah blah blah...So ****ing what? Who else is Ward going to fight and has Froch not done enough to warrant another go at working out the Ward puzzle? Whats to say it wont be different this time?

Personally, I think Ward would win. I like the guy in and out of the ring, same with Froch and it would be brilliant for the fans and brilliant for Wards standing if he did travel to England. What makes it the right thing to do is that the SMW division, particularly in light of the super six tourney, is a truly international division. The only guy that doesnt travel is Ward and thats really the only knock you can put on the guy.

If he does travel to England and is succesful then it will elevate him to the point where he could be a big PPV star, something he deserves, but something he isnt as of now.
                  People dont like ward because of his style, not because of his personality or any garbage/baggage. if he goes anywhere and fights the same style and wins the same way, why would fans suddenly embrace him? would seeing him in person change those who have seen him on TV?

Comment

This is a joke. Ward already whitewashed Carl Froch with a fractured hand. I mean I'd watch the rematch but Ward certainly doesn't need it if he doesn't want it.

Comment

• I can't see anyone at 160-175 being a favorite to win against Ward.

Comment

Working...
                      X