Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Like it or Not, Andre, Carl Froch Holds The Cards at 168

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ward doesn't need froch, but he does need to earn respect on the same scale that froch has by fighting out of his comfort zone. And people saying 'ward wasn't in his home town for the first fight anyway' is rediculos. If you fight in america and you are american, you get the home support! Same as if froch fights in Scotland and he's English, he still gets the home support!

Comment

Originally posted by SAJ10 View Post
      Because as well enjoying all action match ups. Boxing fans want to see 'the best v the best regardless of styles and whether its an all out war. Genuine boxing do anyway.

The 'snoozefest' 'exciting match up's' have to be the most repetitive lines continually used as an excuse to veneer over or away from the fact that they do not want Froch to face a certain style of fighter and, the best and one of the best two fighters at SM and LHW i.e Ward and Hopkins.

We'll probably hear these lines another 10 times today.
      Boxing fans do indeed want to see the best fight the best. Problem here is, we already saw it, it was crap and a rematch would be the same.

Hopkins would be fine. It would be fairly boring, but it's two top fighters and it's a new match-up. Froch has been fighting the best, back-to-back, for the past half decade.

There are plenty of options for Froch, we already know he'll pick a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
        Real talk my ass!! Lets say Froch say FU Ward I wont fight you, who the **** is Ward gonna fight, Anthony Dirrel in oakland!

Lets get ****ing real here, Ward beats Froch 9/10 but he doesnt have a choice if he wants to get better world recohgnition and to get paid, if not he can fight scrubs in oakland for peanuts!
        Froch is a scrub compared to Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
          Boxing fans do indeed want to see the best fight the best. Problem here is, we already saw it, it was crap and a rematch would be the same.

Hopkins would be fine. It would be fairly boring, but it's two top fighters and it's a new match-up. Froch has been fighting the best, back-to-back, for the past half decade.

There are plenty of options for Froch, we already know he'll pick a good one.
          Froch doesn't have to do anything, he's earned the right to do what he wants.

My opinion is though that he doesn't want Ward or Hopkins now as stylistically they're something that he will most likely struggle with.

Like I said if he makes either match - I'll retract my statement and say he's proved me wrong but I just can't see him making either.

IMO he'll play it a lot safer with the matches he makes from here on out which is up to him but as I said a little surprising as you'd think he'd not want to settle for being the best of the rest and no:2 he'd at least look to remedy it even if he came up short.

It's better than being remembered as no:2 who settled for that and didn't even try to become no:1 again.

Comment

If not Froch then who's Ward gonna fight? Sure he can move up but Froch is the money fight.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Thats just BS. Ward already beat him decisively. Froch should still be the one chasing Ward. I don't think there is more money for the fight in the UK because of tax issues. Both will be making more in Las Vegas.

The only reason Ward wants Froch is because it makes him the most money. If the fight doesn't materialize, Ward moves on to fights with less money involved. But he will still be the king. If Froch however moves on, he may make more money but he would have to live with the fact that he is still #2 with Ward looking down from the top.

Yeah thats right. Id rather be in Ward shoes.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Everybody knows that Ward doesn't need Froch "per se"...
                Froch's money (i.e. Hearn's) is what Ward really needs...

Comment

Edwin Rodriquez is 23-0. Three (3) yrs. ago Froch hired him as a sparring partner and said then that Rodriquez is the future of the super middleweight division. The future is arriving fast. Rodriquez vs. Ward or Froch would be a exciting fight.

Comment

Lot of people on here saying Ward is the Champion. No he isn't! He doesn't hold any belt at the moment. He did hold the WBC title but vacated it last week. So he holds no belts!

Froch has 2 of the World titles, and with it, the bargaining power. If you can't see that then you're following the wrong sport.

Ward can't fill stadiums like Froch can, so holding the fight in London is the only option that makes financial sense. If the fight was in the US, it would have to be free to air, not PPV. Nobody pays to watch Andre Ward nomatter what country they're from. He doesn't sell fights because of his style.

Froch can fill any arena in the UK on his own. British fans would not pay for Ward.

Froch is the double world champ and now it's Ward's turn to do some chasing if he wants the titles. Froch went to the US and fought Ward the first time, now it's Ward's turn to man up and do the same. Alternatively he could dodge Froch and go down as the talented boxer that was afraid to fight Froch in London.

I hope they get it on. Froch has improved a lot in the last 2 years. He'd have a good crack at Ward this time.

Comment

I knew the name of the author right after reading the headline...(incidentally this is where I stopped reading)
                      Last edited by makeMeSushiRoll; 05-28-2013, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X