Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Bob Arum and Top Rank responsible for Floyd's resume or is it b/s?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
    I would think Bob is responsible for Mayweather not fighting guys like Casamayor, Freitas or a Kostya Tszyu. I would have like to see Mayweather fight those guys.

He fought Chico and Chico fought Freitas and Casa. Mayweather fought Zab who fought Tszyu. All I am saying it would have been cool to see these fights but for some reason these fights just didn't happen. Bob Arum could have made Mayweather vs Margarito or Mayweather vs Cotto but those fights didn't happen either. Not all the blame just goes on Arum.

Bob Arum never really made big Money with Mayweather like he did with Pac,Cotto or Margarito. Mayweather contract was up so Al Haymon and Floyd jumped ship and went to GBP. Thats way there is so much bad blood between Arum and Mayweather.
    Sure didn't...he could have fought those guys that you mentioned and he still would not have earned the money that he has made since he fought Oscar...folks miss that point.

Originally posted by WitherGlove View Post
    Fact is Floyd earned his stripes and all the guys people talk about floyd not fighting didn't want to fight Floyd when he was high risk low reward. Every fighter does this only exception was Oscar that's why I respect him.
    Folks miss that, too...Why didn't those guys fight him before 2003?

Comment

Working...
    X