Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Bob Arum and Top Rank responsible for Floyd's resume or is it b/s?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Bob Arum and Top Rank responsible for Floyd's resume or is it b/s?

I re-watched the Mayweather-Judah fight earlier and it got me thinking about the whole resume discussion.

A lot of people talk about Floyd not facing Mosley, Cotto, and Margarito in their prime. I have heard fight hype, Floyd and his team and his most loyal followers talk about fights not happening b/c of Arum and when certain fighters leave Arum then fights get made. How much of this is true and much is it b/s coming from the Floyd camp?

I think you could make a case that Floyd's resume before he left Top Rank is better than after. He fought Genaro Hernandez, a young Manfredd even though he wasn't great but he was pretty hot at the time, an undefeated Corralles, fought Castillo twice, and a 28 year old Zab Judah. He also got at least 5 million in the Judah fight with over 15k in attendance for that fight and wasn't as well known then, remember he only had a little over 13k there for the Marquez fight. Obviously he made the right choice leaving Top Rank but its not like Top Rank didn't do pretty well for him either.

Floyd stopped fighting the best fighters available as soon as he left 135 after he almost lost to castillo. It's not a secret and only groupies try to deny it. All u have to do is have followed boxing to know about it. He all about low risk high reward. If its high risk high reward he passes it up. PERIOD.....

Comment

Ya sure Floyds resumes **** because he didnt fight Margarito lmao. Even though the last 2 guys that knocked Margarito out were shot. And Floyd beat them too. Or were Mosley and Cotto only shot because Floyd fought them? I remember all the Trout d1ck licking after he beat Cotto.

Comment

His resume went to **** after leaving 135. With Top Rank, without Top Rank, it didn't matter, he rarely fought good fights after leaving lightweight.

Comment

No Floyd is to blame in 2005 - 2007 you had Shane Mosley,Miguel Cotto, A. Margarito, Vernon Forrest, Ike Quartey , Paul Williams, Kostya Tszyu, Kermit Cintron , and Joshua Clottey.

Comment

Floyd figured out how to make $$ without taking much risk:

1) Remain undefeated

2)The less people see you fight, the more they want to see you when you do. Especially when you're undefeated

3) After being inactive for one year people will give you a pass on weak opposition because it would be a comeback fight so any C level opponent will do

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
              No Floyd is to blame in 2005 - 2007 you had Shane Mosley,Miguel Cotto, A. Margarito, Vernon Forrest, Ike Quartey , Paul Williams, Kostya Tszyu, Kermit Cintron , and Joshua Clottey.
              Lol most of these guys didn't even face each other either

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                Ya sure Floyds resumes **** because he didnt fight Margarito lmao. Even though the last 2 guys that knocked Margarito out were shot. And Floyd beat them too. Or were Mosley and Cotto only shot because Floyd fought them? I remember all the Trout d1ck licking after he beat Cotto.
                You trying to act like Margarito wasnt hot at the time. A lot hotter than Victor Ortiz or the Ghost.

Comment

he wants everyone to know its not about the legacy, its all about the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Thornton Melon View Post
                    You trying to act like Margarito wasnt hot at the time. A lot hotter than Victor Ortiz or the Ghost.
                    If he was so hot than why didnt PWill rise to super stardom after he beat Tony? That win did nothing for his career. He was completely dominated for 9 rounds by an old and shot Mosley. In fact that bum hasnt won a single round since getting caught.

Comment

Working...
                    X