Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Bob Arum and Top Rank responsible for Floyd's resume or is it b/s?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
    Dont ever mention a bum like Margarito in the same sentence with Ali, Frazier, and Foreman ever again. When was Floyd suspodes to fight a prime Mosley? Shane moved up 2 divisions to fight Oscar. So is Floyd suspodes to follow him from 130 to 147?
    lol .... Floyd fans like them excuses!

Well, your Floyd was worried about Margarito so if I follow your comment then I shouldn't ever include Floyd in that sentence because they fought them wars, Floyd admittedly avoids them!!!

As for Mosley, I should have said a "younger" version of himself in 2006 - 2009 ... but Floyd waited until mid-2010 to do that when he himself admitted that Mosley is now OLD!

The point was that those other fighters, like Ali, Frazier, Norton and Foreman were always out there looking to fight the best AND DID. So if a fight doesn't get made, you can't say anything bad about them.

YES Margarito, Mosley and Cotto did the same (they look out to fight the best) ..... Floyd admits that he does NOT do that. So for this topic Margarito SHOULD be named with the Fraziers but NEVER EVER Floyd ..... and by looking at what (ie quality opponents) is out there today .... its way too late for Floyd now. Man, fighters such as Larry Holmes, RJJ would have loved to have in their era more quality opponents to improve on their resume but didn't have that luck .... Floyd did but is too busy going on long vacations to avoid them!

Comment

Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
      so why didnt floyd just fight him and emberrass him? easy monay brah?
      He wanted the Delahoya fight more.

Comment

Originally posted by JRB123 View Post
        Sorry I didn't fully explain what my aim was...

I'll put it like this. GBP guys and Top Rank guys don't fight each other. This is known.

However, both stables can make matches with any other promotional company (DiBella, Shaw, Don King, etc.)...Sergio vs. little Chavez was TR/DiBella co-promotion and that Manny/Oscar fight was before Manny was completely under Top Rank...

Manny/JMM were under GBP for their first two fights and then that 3rd one didn't come until over three years later...
        All can and will to make money. Yes its more difficult with some promoters and is well known as you said .... but some fights can still be made. If you take out the negotiating roadblocks imposed, that fight between Manny vs Floyd would have been made, as an example.

Guys like P Williams and Martinez are not under TR. They too couldn't get a fight with Floyd even though they said that they are willing to come down in weight.

Mosley tried between 2006-2009 ... there are interviews where FLoyd says NO! Can't blame promoters!

Let's face it, the common denominator is NOT TR it's FLOYD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
          fu.ck no!!!!

Cherrypicker cheated JMM on the catchweight and JMM didn't have Memo power pellets yet and looked fat.

Cherrypicker's win over JMM isn't an ATG win for Cherrypicker at all.
          So Jmm only became great after PAC fight, Floyd would beat him again right now. Jmm is a welter right now, so if Floyd picked him right now what would be the problem? Oh and you're crying about a few pounds with that fight but want Floyd to give up 25-30lbs on fight night vs canelo. Lol it was a great win, the great Jmm couldn't win 1minute let alone a round against Floyd coming out of retirement. That's remarkable against a high caliber fighter such as Jmm.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
            All can and will to make money. Yes its more difficult with some promoters and is well known as you said .... but some fights can still be made. If you take out the negotiating roadblocks imposed, that fight between Manny vs Floyd would have been made, as an example.

Guys like P Williams and Martinez are not under TR. They too couldn't get a fight with Floyd even though they said that they are willing to come down in weight.

Mosley tried between 2006-2009 ... there are interviews where FLoyd says NO! Can't blame promoters!

Let's face it, the common denominator is NOT TR it's FLOYD!!!
            Roach, Ariza, and pac's adviser all are on record saying it was arum that was stopping the fight. Remember him saying he didnt have time to build an outdoor stadium? Floyd and PAC had agreed on most terms. Arum doesn't want his former fighters who left him to make all that money. Oscar would get paid and so would Floyd. Plus arum would be taking a chance of losing his money maker because of them

Comment

Originally posted by MRCHOKEaMF View Post
              Roach, Ariza, and pac's adviser all are on record saying it was arum that was stopping the fight. Remember him saying he didnt have time to build an outdoor stadium? Floyd and PAC had agreed on most terms. Arum doesn't want his former fighters who left him to make all that money. Oscar would get paid and so would Floyd. Plus arum would be taking a chance of losing his money maker because of them
              Wrong!

After all those things that you pointed out about Arum, Manny stated clearly that he would be willing to fight on Floyd's specified date IF Floyd agrees to 50/50 (or something close to that).

It was also on Manny's official website.

Actually even Arum said at the end, OK let's do it in May but Floyd would have to get his own people to guarantee his side.

Floyd, who is the common denominator said NO, I want all PPV money. Which was crazy when you think about who Manny was for boxing for several years .... Manny was always #1 or #2 ....... yet was supposed to agree to 0 PPV money? If Manny agreed to that, he would essentially be getting close to his regular pay when you take out who he would have to pay out after. Maybe a bit more but that doesn't make any sense for what was estimated to be the biggest fight in a while and the biggest $$$ fight ever.

So, what Floyd was saying when he wanted all PPV money was , "I DON'T WANT TO FIGHT MANNY"
              Last edited by ADP02; 05-27-2013, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Wrong!

After all those things that you pointed out about Arum, Manny stated clearly that he would be willing to fight on Floyd's specified date IF Floyd agrees to 50/50 (or something close to that).

It was also on Manny's official website.

Actually even Arum said at the end, OK let's do it in May but Floyd would have to get his own people to guarantee his side.

Floyd, who is the common denominator said NO, I want all PPV money. Which was crazy when you think about who Manny was for boxing for several years .... Manny was always #1 or #2 ....... yet was supposed to agree to 0 PPV money? If Manny agreed to that, he would essentially be getting close to his regular pay when you take out who he would have to pay out after. Maybe a bit more but that doesn't make any sense for what was estimated to be the biggest fight in a while and the biggest $$$ fight ever.

So, what Floyd was saying when he wanted all PPV money was , "I DON'T WANT TO FIGHT MANNY"
                I guess we are to forget the 3 stitches over Manny eye that wouldn't heal between November and May from the Marquez 3 fight. Or the 25k outdoor stadium just off the strip that needed to be built(I was in Vegas for the Guerrero fight it's not done yet). Or Agreeing to a expiring offer after your position at the table wanned. Are we still waiting for word from Joe Jackson or those Sheiks in Dubai also and where Don King I thought they could get the fight done in five minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
                  I guess we are to forget the 3 stitches over Manny eye that wouldn't heal between November and May from the Marquez 3 fight. Or the 25k outdoor stadium just off the strip that needed to be built(I was in Vegas for the Guerrero fight it's not done yet). Or Agreeing to a expiring offer after your position at the table wanned. Are we still waiting for word from Joe Jackson or those Sheiks in Dubai also and where Don King I thought they could get the fight done in five minutes.
                  All those excuses you brought up was squashed when Manny said I will be ready and willing to fight in May .... as long as Floyd is OK with 50/50. You need to stop believing what Floyd fans are spoon feeding you because its NOT good for your health.

Again, Manny said it and also placed it in his official website. Floyd said NO!!!

Try again!

Comment

Didn't someone just say that Floyd could have fought Shane in 2007 but both were able to set that aside so that Floyd could fight Oscar? 2006 couldn't work unless Floyd's fight after Judah would be against Shane...What was Mosley doing in 2006? Knocking Vargas around from one part of the ring to the other...

Floyd and PAC had agreed on most terms. Arum doesn't want his former fighters who left him to make all that money. Oscar would get paid and so would Floyd. Plus arum would be taking a chance of losing his money maker because of them
                    This is why I go back to my original point. You don't see Pac being matched up with Maidana, Alexander, Guerrero, Ortiz, Berto, et cetera...So why would you think they would work together for Floyd-Pac?

Comment

All those excuses you brought up was squashed when Manny said I will be ready and willing to fight in May .... as long as Floyd is OK with 50/50. You need to stop believing what Floyd fans are spoon feeding you because its NOT good for your health.

Again, Manny said it and also placed it in his official website. Floyd said NO!!!

Try again!
                      Manny official webite is your source that's all that needs to be said and he also said before he wanted 50/50 he would take a smaller cut but we will just forget that also.

Comment

Working...
                      X