Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Bob Arum and Top Rank responsible for Floyd's resume or is it b/s?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It might be the reason why certain fights haven't happened, but not his entire career.

Comment

Originally posted by JRB123 View Post
      Didn't someone just say that Floyd could have fought Shane in 2007 but both were able to set that aside so that Floyd could fight Oscar? 2006 couldn't work unless Floyd's fight after Judah would be against Shane...What was Mosley doing in 2006? Knocking Vargas around from one part of the ring to the other...

This is why I go back to my original point. You don't see Pac being matched up with Maidana, Alexander, Guerrero, Ortiz, Berto, et cetera...So why would you think they would work together for Floyd-Pac?
      In 2007, Mosley was interviewed and said "Floyd is growing feathers". Floyd said "I don't want to fight Mosley. Floyd said that on numerous occasions even in 2009.

Floyd and Manny are bigger than their promoters. Yes, the promoters can put a monkey wrench to stall the fight but at one point or another, the fighters will put a stand and say "Yes". Again, Manny said yes I will be ready for Floyd in May if Floyd agrees to 50/50 .... Floyd said NO! This had NOTHING to do with the promoters. If Floyd said YES, the promoters could NOT get in the way at that point.

In 2006, if Floyd wanted Mosley badly enough, he could have skipped fighting Baldmir in November and fought Mosley in December or early 2007. Floyd said NO! Mosley then went on to fight in February 2007

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
        Manny official webite is your source that's all that needs to be said and he also said before he wanted 50/50 he would take a smaller cut but we will just forget that also.
        Smaller cut doesn't mean "Manny will get 0 PPV money" ... don't be gullible

Manny said yes on several occasions. Floyd fans would say "but he only said it to a reporter". So now when Manny even puts it on his official website, you say "that's your source?" Floyd fans are just too much!

The important part in all this is that it was confirmed by Floyd when he said "NO, I can't, I can't afford less .....!" Go check out Costas interview and many many others ... That is all that counts.

... but thanks for the laugh!
        Last edited by ADP02; 05-27-2013, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
          Smaller cut doesn't mean "Manny will get 0 PPV money" ... don't be gullible

Manny said yes on several occasions. Floyd fans would say "but he only said it to a reporter". So now when Manny even puts it on his official website "that's your source? Floyd fans are just too much!

The important part in all this is that it was confirmed by Floyd when he said "NO, I can't, I can't afford less .....!" Go check out Costas interview and many many others ... That is all that counts.

... but thanks for the laugh!
          Floyd said since March of 2010 he wasn't agreeing to 50/50 anymore so that Costas interview wasn't anything new. He said if he outsold Manny after the Clottey vs Shane 1.4mil-700K that first deal was off the table which meant no 50/50 or 14 day cut-off. It doesn't take genius to figure out he was going to say no to 50-50 and he went for throat when Manny said he would take a less of a cut after Marquez 3. Is it wrong for him to take all the PPV cut yeah it is should it been 50/50 yeah at one point it was. I personally think neither of them wanted the fight at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
            Floyd said since March of 2010 he wasn't agreeing to 50/50 anymore so that Costas interview wasn't anything new. He said if he outsold Manny after the Clottey vs Shane 1.4mil-700K that first deal was off the table which meant no 50/50 or 14 day cut-off. It doesn't take genius to figure out he was going to say no to 50-50 and he went for throat when Manny said he would take a less of a cut after Marquez 3. Is it wrong for him to take all the PPV cut yeah it is should it been 50/50 yeah at one point it was. I personally think neither of them wanted the fight at the same time.
            Floyd said even in 2009 "Everyone knows that I will NOT accept 50/50 deal" but since the testing roadblock took on a life of its own, it was only brought up before the Floyd vs Cotto deal.

Manny made an effort by accepting Floyd's demands but then Floyd would come up with new ones ....

Comment

I just went through Mayweather's record and was kind of "surprised" that I saw 10 potential (future) Hall of Famers on his record.
              Here are those 10 fighters:
              Diego Corrales
              Jose Luis Castillo
              Arturo Gatti (he will be inducted this year)
              Zab Judah
              Oscar De La Hoya
              Ricky Hatton
              Juan Manuel Marquez
              Shane Mosley
              Miguel Cotto
              Genaro Hernandez

Has any fighter fighting today defeated this many hofers?

Holla

Comment

I would think Bob is responsible for Mayweather not fighting guys like Casamayor, Freitas or a Kostya Tszyu. I would have like to see Mayweather fight those guys.

He fought Chico and Chico fought Freitas and Casa. Mayweather fought Zab who fought Tszyu. All I am saying it would have been cool to see these fights but for some reason these fights just didn't happen. Bob Arum could have made Mayweather vs Margarito or Mayweather vs Cotto but those fights didn't happen either. Not all the blame just goes on Arum.

Bob Arum never really made big Money with Mayweather like he did with Pac,Cotto or Margarito. Mayweather contract was up so Al Haymon and Floyd jumped ship and went to GBP. Thats way there is so much bad blood between Arum and Mayweather.

Comment

Fact is Floyd earned his stripes and all the guys people talk about floyd not fighting didn't want to fight Floyd when he was high risk low reward. Every fighter does this only exception was Oscar that's why I respect him.

Comment

Why do folks keep skipping, hopping, and tip toeing around the fact that Floyd gave Castillo an immediate rematch and proved who's the best in that division.

What, all of a sudden Castillo was a bum after the rematch?

Comment

Originally posted by Thornton Melon View Post
                      You trying to act like Margarito wasnt hot at the time. A lot hotter than Victor Ortiz or the Ghost.
                      Am I forgetting something here, wasn't Margarito the guy cheating? Hot are not it was a good choice not fighting that cheating mofo!

Comment

Working...
                      X