No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Back in Form, Decisions Guerrero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CaneloFan View Post
    Still ducked Pacquiao though.. the truth is the truth and the truth hurts.
    Your a meathead, go to ******** boxing forums you loser. Don't you get it, Arum blocked the fight. Pac and May are also fault for going elsewhere to do the fight. Fact is gmc is telling you the facts, its not a massive fight currently.

That being said with Mayweather nursing a bad right hand that adds around 3 months to his September date, which is December. Only thing is Pacman chose to take a long layoff so I doubt he'd want to return to such a high caliber opponent.

Comment

• Josie Harris took more of a beating than Guerrero. #Easy Work. #32 million.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        He didn't lose two in a row (you know that's b/s) he dominated Bradley and was winning the Marquez fight until he got caught. He'd still mess up Cotto and KO Guerrero.

You can say Pacquiao is finished if you want but do you think Robert Guerrero beats him? If not, then your point is moot because he's still a better opponent than what FMJ is picking. It's the place of any boxing fan to call for the best fights in any division.
        The only problem is...it ain't the best fight anymore, hasn't been for a little while now. It's obvious to anyone with eyes.

BTW, Bradley wasn't dominated anywhere near as much as people say & Marquez was always going for a ko, not pure boxing as he'd done before...that was his (Marquez's) gamble to take a few so he could time the ko shot.

Comment

• Mayweather looked every bit as good as I thought he would. That right hand was lethal.

Comment

• Went as expected but still congratulations to Floyd.

I do think that Guerrero will watch that back and be disappointed. Almost zero head movement, very little feinting (even when Floyd stood a yard away), didn't try to circle at least to give Floyd a different angle to look at.

It was overall poor. I expected Guerrero to only win a couple of rounds, but at least put up a good tactical effort in the rounds he was to lose. But it didn't happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dazzaman View Post
              The only problem is...it ain't the best fight anymore, hasn't been for a little while now. It's obvious to anyone with eyes.

BTW, Bradley wasn't dominated anywhere near as much as people say & Marquez was always going for a ko, not pure boxing as he'd done before...that was his (Marquez's) gamble to take a few so he could time the ko shot.

Gotta agree...Pacman won but I don't think Bradley was as outclassed as everyone made him out to be. Bradley slipped a lot of punches but didn't really get the benefit of the doubt. Fight was sloppy as **** from both fighters, tho.

Marquez knew he had to go for a KO...even from watching the hyped up, sugar-saturated bull**** that the 24/7s showed, everyone knew Marquez was training for explosive power ie the KO.

The optimist in me still hopes it happens, even if its far past prime. I almost seeing it happening, maybe in Floyd's last two fights. We'll all complain about how expired the fight was but it'll still go down in the history books as a solid competition. I really hope Floyd and Martinez can square off a deal and duke it out in one of their last two fights at maybe 154 or 150 if need be. Martinez looked vulnerable in his last fight at 160 and Mayweather looked phenomenal in his last fight at 147, so maybe there's something to be made there...

Comment

• So I guess its not worth watching today then? What a surprise.

Comment

• I was cheering on ghost waiting for the punch to clip floyd but it never came, floyd is just too slick. The fight was entertaining, floyd put on a good show. wife beater looks invincible at 147.

Comment

• i fell asleep in the 10th...same nap i almost took during the wlad\pianeta fight...

Comment

• i liked his movement, but his left hook (his best punch all through 130,135,140) was almost non existent. He wasn't able to follow those right hand lasers with left hooks too often.

Comment

Working...
                      X