No announcement yet.

UFC's Dana White issues challenge to Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    So what happens next if hypothetically Fury were to win?
    UFC will have a new champion and he will come from boxing just as Cain comes from wrestling.

lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Lovci View Post
      Boxing is the most established and popular sport out of all those listed. Why the **** would a boxer HAVE to go into the octagon to prove anything. You have to see how ridiculous that sounds.
      Good I sometime wonder do you hate mma more than you love boxing?
      Because mma is fighting and boxing is boxing.If you want't to be the best fighter in the world you have be the UFC champion.
      If you want to be the best boxer in the world you fight in boxing.
      Last edited by mikinoki; 04-25-2013, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikinoki View Post
        Because mma is fighting and boxing is boxing.If you want't to be the best fighter in the world you have be the UFC champion.
        Thats simply not true. Your first statement is true: Someone who prefers boxing as a style could well be an MMA champion. But they would have to be an MMA trained fighter with that preference and not a boxer per se.

MMA has certain features that make it more similar to a fight but it is not fighting my friend. First off the way you punch and use your hands is very differnt without gloves, when you fight in combat your problem is hidden weapons, multiple opponents, glass on the ground, etc... you cannot even focus on one opponent usually.

I bounced as a martial artist for years in a pretty violent place. every tom dick and harry was a supposed badass martial artist....IN ALL my time at this place, and other similar places, in all the fights I saw, broke up, etc....Never once did I see a martial arts technique applied. Saw a lot of what we would consider today to be "MMA." haha.

MMA is a sport. And thats not to be critical... Judo and Aikido have the most injuries of any martial arts....One is a sport the other a "Budo" art that is gentle and compassionate.

Comment

What are you even talking about. That dumbass is saying boxers need to go into mma to prove something. The fuck they do. They can prove all they need to in boxing and boxing alone.

You aren't a pussy for sticking to your sport. The only reason those other disciplines go into MMA, is because it is more relevant then there sport. You can't say that about boxing.

Comment

• Comment

• Fury wins by KO love tap to the spine.

Comment

what a stupid statement. mma has rules just like boxing. no kicking a downed opponent? LMAO you call that fighting?

real sport fighting is vale tudo. even though that has rules too it doesnt give grapplers the advantage over the strikers.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                  Anyone who thinks Fury would last more than a round is a fool. Valesquez to his credit handles fury's bluster with a great rejoinder.

Boxing and UFC are sports...and we have a pretty good idea of what happens when a boxer tries to go into MMA thinking they are a badass. There was a time when good grappling skills were part of boxing, but not now a days!
                  Mercer KO Silva 9 seconds.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdCa$hCanelo View Post
                    Mercer KO Silva 9 seconds.
                    It was Sylvia. I cannot stand ignorance.

Anyway, MMA is a lot more like a real fight. That is obvious. To the "bouncer" that claims he never saw MMA tactics used in a street fight, I guess he never saw clinching, wrestling, chokes, kicks, knees or elbows. Whatever "very violent place" this was Jean Claude it clearly was different than the majority of the world.

The bottom line is this. Both sports are completely different. I love boxing, I love MMA, I love muay thai, kickboxing, brasilian jiu-jitsu etc. I appreciate ALL combat sports. Dana White is a boxing fan. Tyson Fury was the one running his mouth for no reason about Cain Velasquez just to get some attention. It is quite obvious Cain Velasquez would completely annihilate Tyson Fury. In the street or in the cage. Fury called him out. MMA fans that hate on boxing look like idiots, and boxing fans that hate on MMA look like idiots. Both are combat sports and a lot more exciting than golf or tennis so just appreciate it for what it is. Both require amazing heart, athleticism and technique.

Comment

• Originally posted by FaustoGeraci View Post
                      It was Sylvia. I cannot stand ignorance.

Anyway, MMA is a lot more like a real fight. That is obvious. To the "bouncer" that claims he never saw MMA tactics used in a street fight, I guess he never saw clinching, wrestling, chokes, kicks, knees or elbows. Whatever "very violent place" this was Jean Claude it clearly was different than the majority of the world.

The bottom line is this. Both sports are completely different. I love boxing, I love MMA, I love muay thai, kickboxing, brasilian jiu-jitsu etc. I appreciate ALL combat sports. Dana White is a boxing fan. Tyson Fury was the one running his mouth for no reason about Cain Velasquez just to get some attention. It is quite obvious Cain Velasquez would completely annihilate Tyson Fury. In the street or in the cage. Fury called him out. MMA fans that hate on boxing look like idiots, and boxing fans that hate on MMA look like idiots. Both are combat sports and a lot more exciting than golf or tennis so just appreciate it for what it is. Both require amazing heart, athleticism and technique.
                      you mma fanboys are dumb.

clinching elbows knees and chokes are not "MMA" tactics. mma is just a rule set for people to fight under. the top mma "title" is held by an entertainment company. it has no ranking system and "world title challengers" are selected via who is more popular.

Comment

Working...
                      X