Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC's Dana White issues challenge to Fury

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...ll-get-smashed

"Come on over," UFC President Dana White said today. "We'll make a deal."
    Prior to his 21st pro win this past Saturday, the undefeated boxer called MMA "rubbish" and told ESPN he had called out UFC heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez three times to no avail.
    White is willing to accept the challenge on his fighter's behalf.
    "You want to fight Cain? Come on over here," White said today during a fan Q&A. "You will get smashed."
    Get ready for another UFC vs Boxing! Another fight to settle the debate once and for all. First he challenged the blob, now he's challenging bum ass Fury to fight their Heavyweight champion. What a joke...

watch fury win

Comment

Yeah umm Velasquez would ruin him.

Comment

White is an idiot. His HW champs fight 1-2 times a year and he is willing to put his champ in with Fury to prove a point. Makes MMA look foolish IMO.

I hate how people bring Toney vs Couture as some proof as anything also. What a joke that was.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
          Yeah umm Velasquez would ruin him.
          Yeah for sure. I saw this on Facebook and had a good laugh with it. Its so ******ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake... View Post
            watch fury win
            I'm not sure how this fight would go... I'm thinking Fury could actually win if he connects solidly; Cain doesn't really have a good chin. However, if Cain tackles him or knocks him down at any point, it's over.

Comment

Anyone who thinks Fury would last more than a round is a fool. Valesquez to his credit handles fury's bluster with a great rejoinder.

Boxing and UFC are sports...and we have a pretty good idea of what happens when a boxer tries to go into MMA thinking they are a badass. There was a time when good grappling skills were part of boxing, but not now a days!

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
                I'm not sure how this fight would go... I'm thinking Fury could actually win if he connects solidly; Cain doesn't really have a good chin. However, if Cain tackles him or knocks him down at any point, it's over.
                Velasquez would just take him down with his wrassling abilities

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
                  If Butterbean actually connected he would ruin Mike Tyson theres just the little matter of getting a punch to a target that has many more ways of avoiding it than simply standing in punching range.

Comment

And what would this prove other than that an MMA fighter is scared to stand with a boxer and has to resort to shooting for a takedown and smothering them on the ground like a ****sexual?

Furys style of boxing is completely wrong for MMA anyway but then again all he has to do is land one shot, even a stiff jab would probably suffice and we'd have a new UFC HW champion.
                    We've already seen the fake Mexican get flattened in 30 seconds by a F grade Brazilian boxer who wouldn't make it into the top 200.

Comment

Working...
                    X