Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Rafel Just say Floyd wants to compete at 140?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd cant make 140, he could even make weight against Marquez

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
      Floyd cant make 140, he could even make weight against Marquez

Damn that's true! He couldn't even make 144 for the Marquez fight no damn way he makes 140 4 years older.

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
        Floyd's too old to drop down to 140, he hasn't fought there in 8 years. Weight drained Floyd would get KO'd for sure by the heavy hitters there.
        he walks around at 148 i think hed be ok

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          But as others point out, why would he do that when he can entice the 140 fighters up? It makes no sense.

The only reasoning I can see is to avoid the Trout-Canelo winner by saying he's a 140lb fighter and too small to fight them. But again, he can say this without going down in weight.
          I think it has to do with credit. Its like I keep saying, there are a million great matches at 140-147. The problem is that everyone can seemingly fight everyone esle except Floyd. If Floyd fights any of them its a cherry pick. He's the only guy held to that standard.

So the only way he could possibly fght those guys and get credit is to do it at WW. No one would let Floyd get away with making those guys move up even if they were naturally moving up anywayws. He would get ripped like always. This is the only way

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
            It doesn't help his chin at all though. Most fighters that go down in weight after 8+ years of fighting at higher weights rarely have success, in fact I cant think of any fighter that has done it, and had success.

Roy Jones, De la Hoya, Chris Byrd come to mind. Fighters are supposed to go up in weight as they get old, not down. It's only human nature.
            Not a lot of guys get more successful as they get older anyway, so the comparison doesn't hold up. Personally, I think he's a smaller guy than people admit and I think it might work for him. But, I'm not going to claim to know what's going on in his head.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              But as others point out, why would he do that when he can entice the 140 fighters up? It makes no sense.

The only reasoning I can see is to avoid the Trout-Canelo winner by saying he's a 140lb fighter and too small to fight them. But again, he can say this without going down in weight.
              you mean makes no sense cause you cant think of a reason hes ducking? if he fights 140's at 147 people would say hes ducking makes sense to me

Comment

stans like junior gong actually tried to call his mandatory a cherrypick, as if floyd had any say in who the WBC ranked. lmao.

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                I think it has to do with credit. Its like I keep saying, there are a million great matches at 140-147. The problem is that everyone can seemingly fight everyone esle except Floyd. If Floyd fights any of them its a cherry pick. He's the only guy held to that standard.

So the only way he could possibly fght those guys and get credit is to do it at WW. No one would let Floyd get away with making those guys move up even if they were naturally moving up anywayws. He would get ripped like always. This is the only way

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post

He also the only guy rated #1 p4p.

so you want people to hold mayweather to the same standard as brandon rios?

Comment

LOL at anyone thinking Mayweather makes 140.

Comment

Excuses, excuses. You Flowmos make me sick.

Always have an easy out for him.

Comment

Working...
                      X