Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Rafel Just say Floyd wants to compete at 140?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He needs to stop ducking Malignaggi.

Comment

Fighting the bigger guys (Trout, Martinez) is a really bad idea so going down might be his smartest option,even if it's a compromise. He's at that age where it doesn't matter of he wins out loses, he's already fought through his prime so I won't fault him for anything he does at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Fighting the bigger guys (Trout, Martinez) is a really bad idea so going down might be his smartest option,even if it's a compromise. He's at that age where it doesn't matter of he wins out loses, he's already fought through his prime so I won't fault him for anything he does at this point.
        But as others point out, why would he do that when he can entice the 140 fighters up? It makes no sense.

The only reasoning I can see is to avoid the Trout-Canelo winner by saying he's a 140lb fighter and too small to fight them. But again, he can say this without going down in weight.

Comment

They hoping Amir Khan win the tournament to make Floyd/Khan

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            But as others point out, why would he do that when he can entice the 140 fighters up? It makes no sense.

The only reasoning I can see is to avoid the Trout-Canelo winner by saying he's a 140lb fighter and too small to fight them. But again, he can say this without going down in weight.
            I think you answered the question on your own. He knows better than us how easy it is to negotiate with these guys and get them to change weights so I'll trust that he's doing whatever's in his best interest. Maybe he wants to avoid the powerful guys since he's aging. And,if his legs are going, being lighter helps with that, a lot.

Comment

I think you answered the question on your own. He knows better than us how easy it is to negotiate with these guys and get them to change weights so I'll trust that he's doing whatever's in his best interest. Maybe he wants to avoid the powerful guys since he's aging. And,if his legs are going, being lighter helps with that, a lot.
              Good Points

Comment

Floyd hasn't fought at 140 in over 7 YEARS. NO BUENO. If he could and still be himself I would be all for it but I doubt it. ALOT of sharks at 140. Would be a nice way to end his career against those youngns.

Comment

It doesn't help his chin at all though. Most fighters that go down in weight after 8+ years of fighting at higher weights rarely have success, in fact I cant think of any fighter that has done it, and had success.

Roy Jones, De la Hoya, Chris Byrd come to mind. Fighters are supposed to go up in weight as they get old, not down. It's only human nature.

Comment

a lot of good match ups at 140 but a lot of those guys can come up and fight at 147 as well so he really don't need to move down

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                      Floyd hasn't fought at 140 in over 7 YEARS. NO BUENO. If he could and still be himself I would be all for it but I doubt it. ALOT of sharks at 140. Would be a nice way to end his career against those youngns.
                      People say the opposite about Martinez.... Anyhow I think he could do it with little to no problem, the thing is though, like others said. Why would he move to 140 to fight these guys when they're his size anyhow if not bigger on fight night (Lucas for example). He could just entice them to move up for the giant pay day that comes with it. I don't think any of them would have a problem with it in the slightest.

Comment

Working...
                      X