Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Rafel Just say Floyd wants to compete at 140?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KO.Da.Don View Post
    People are crucial of mayweather picks because I think its fairly a common notion that Mayweather beats anyone from 140-147 with out a doubt. Now he does hold a 154 title but seems reluctant to fight anyone at that weight, Him only coming in at 150 lbs hold no bearing on this argument that his personal problem not ours. We are boxing fans, we must demand that the best fights be made by the champion and we must demand that the champion defend his title, Mayweather is the champion at 154 and holds a title.

That the thick and fat of it, not that people are unfairly making demands of mayweather it that his fans or some fans in general are Mayweather sympathizer, him weighing 150lbs not our problem, him hold a title at 154 and not defending it is our problem.

Every fighter can make an excuse on why to take the easier fight, because he has that excuse, we should allow him to get away with it?

Mayweather is the P4p#1 , 154 lb title holder, so is it outrageous of people to ask the Pound for Pound champion in the whole wide world to defend his title?
    I totally disagree with u. 1st off u keep talking about his 154 pound title but I can counter it by sayin he's also the champ at WW so how come he come defend that? Most people on here think his 2 worst fights in recent memory were the fights at 154.

How can y say him at 150 doesn't matter or that's his problem? Him fighting at WW is your problem then. I agree if he doesn't fight then he should be stripped. That's obvious but don't tell me the only guys he's allowed to fight are at 154.

No one 140-147 can beat him? Again that's your problem. Basicallt u are sayin that no one his size or bigger can beat him so he has to fight guys way bigger. Your argument is not based on fairness but its based on wanting to see him lose.

It would be one thing if u give him extra credit for it but u don't. U instead say this should be his basic fight or he's a bum. It's the sane guys who say trout & canelo shouldn't even go up one class because they would get killed even though they are huge Jr. Mws. Floyd is a small WW in his 4th class but has to fight in 5 or he's a coward

Comment

Floyd stans are agreeing He can't even make 144 when he was smaller 3 years ago.
      I'd rather see him move up to 154 for the trout-canelo winner. He'll be drain as hell at 140 and take note he's already 36 and that is a weight he had 8 years ago. besides he doesn't need to go there to get the good fights, all the good fighters there can move to 147 and challenge him. He was not even willing to fight ricky at 140 six years ago. what makes you think he'll do it now? He's gotten bigger, everyone can observe that, thats why he's also slower but still very good inside.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
        Floyd stans are agreeing He can't even make 144 when he was smaller 3 years ago.
        I'd rather see him move up to 154 for the trout-canelo winner. He'll be drain as hell at 140 and take note he's already 36 and that is a weight he had 8 years ago. besides he doesn't need to go there to get the good fights, all the good fighters there can move to 147 and challenge him. He was not even willing to fight ricky at 140 six years ago. what makes you think he'll do it now? He's gotten bigger, everyone can observe that, thats why he's also slower but still very good inside.
        Why talk about weight when you know nothing about it , it was Hatton that wanted 147 not Floyd , Hatton didnt want to lose his title which he keeps on Floyd beating him , Hattons trainer said Floyd is smaller than Ricky so no problems with 147 , and he was smaller than Ricky on the night of the fight , back to the the topic , if he is under 150 now and all evidence suggests he is , then he can make 140 .

The only reason he didnt make 144 with JMM is because of the layoff , he was 145 at 10 in the morning on target to nail 144 , he retained that last little bit that he thought would come off like normal , it was a simple mistake that snuck up on him because of the layoff , and at that point of knowing its not dropping which is then too late to try and boil of a few pounds with only hrs to weigh in , he can afford to to say fck it just pay the dollar .

Floyd would school JMM again at any weight , and another fact is that Manny was was heavier than Floyd was fighting JMM .

Comment

I think if khan gets back on his winning streak and looks ok doing it a khan vs Floyd is big money ppv due to khans following over seas..... So no even tho at the moment canelo fight is bigger I don't think that's his only money making fight

Comment

Dan Rafael is full of **** and talks a lot of nonsense. Floyd aint going to 140. He could if he really wanted to but he has always made them move up to him (JMM, Hatton)

Its not like anybody at 140 now wouldnt jump at the chance to fight him for a career high payday at 147.

Hes never done it before and I dont see him doing it in the future. It benefits everyone to fight at 147 rather than 140. They are going to weigh the same fight night anyways and floyd has the belt there so why drain if you dont have to.

Floyd didnt even go back down to 140 for the lineal belt. He aint doing it in ****ing 2013/2014. Dan Rafael is an idiot.

Comment

I don't think Floyd will fight at 140, or at 154.

In my opinion the winner of the jww tournament will get a shot at Floyd.

Floyd vs Matthysse/ Garcia/(Khan?) are possible fights at 147.

Comment

Working...
              X