No announcement yet.

Everyone is drunk off Rigo's win.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England
    well i woke up this morning and i got myself a beer!

let it roll, baby, roll.
    Lol is this playing out how you thought it would? Better or not as good?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

honestly, rigo getting these accolades proves to how much people REALLY respected donaire.

if donaire was a bum, then this win means NOTHING for rigo. but donaire is a legit p4p fighter, and rigo just PROVED he belongs up there as well.

the hype will die down a bit when they have a hard time getting rigo another fight... arum will probably put rigo on the shelf to get stale anyway.

sad but most likely true

Comment

Originally posted by Gudfella
        Quote:

Originally Posted by CubanGuyNYC

Quote:

Originally Posted by damit305

Donaire didn't dare to be great according to you? Donaire is a clubfighter all of the sudden? WTF are we coming to?

Heh, heh, heh....

Here's the crazy part: Rigo is only getting better. He hadn't fought anything above a decent fighter before schooling a top five P4P champion. As awesome as "El Chacal" is, he's still learning the professional ropes. The only thing that might stand in the way of Guillermo's ultimate greatness is Father Time. Rigo is 32. From where I'm standing, fans better get used to Guillermo Rigondeaux as a top fighter for at least a couple more years.

nd this is coming from a Cuban lol...nd BTW I'm part cuban..but hopp off rigos nuts...the guy skills are incredible but his resume isnt...say what u just sed 7 years from now...I don't even see him 25-0

That's where the problem lies, you're only PART Cuban (if that's even true cause its hard to believe). You dunno what it feels like to rarely have any fighters and finally have a (or a couple) successful one. You dont have the same sense of pride as us the full blooded Cubans have.

Comment

Oh and btw its not only Cubans "on Rigo's nuts".

Comment

If you put what Rigo did as an amateur and what he has been able to acomplish as a pro with only 12 fights so far you have to agree that he deserves all the love he is getting.

On twitter all the boxing world was in awe of what he showed saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Matty Ice View Post
              I'm not saying calling Barrera an ATG is out of the norm. It's just something I don't agree with but I wouldn't argue either (if you called him an ATG). I guess I'm the 1 out that 10.

How low would you rank him tho?

I'd rank him somewhere between 50-100 most likely.

And he is an ATG. He's clearly an ATG.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                well i woke up this morning and i got myself a beer!

let it roll, baby, roll.
                "The future's uncertain and the end is always near!" lol

Comment

Pinoys on here are butthurt, gtfo

i'm a Rigo fan and not even damn Cuban nor American.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                    People were on Broner's nuts after the DeMarco win and it even got him top 5 pound for pound status. People were on Matthysse's nuts after Mike Dallas Jr. and Olsegun.

Now when Rigo gets a little bit of shine its a problem?
                    People made these threads for those two as well. And they didn't have the large majority of the site defend them in those threads either.

Comment

Who is really downplaying the win?

Is trying to be realistic downplaying, I guess it could be considered as such but I have seen very few discredit him~

They might not have liked the performance aesthetically, but that does not mean much and what did you expect a lot of people to say about it. There is no way you watched that fight and thought to yourself I bet most boxing fans will say this was awesome, most likely you would have thought (if you liked it) ok I enjoyed that but I am probably in the minority.

Still pretty much everyone that is worth anything on the site would say yea it is a great win as big as Rigondeaux could get, but does that mean you just have to blindly jump off a cliff without looking for reason in what went down.

Comment

Working...
                      X