No announcement yet.

Everyone is drunk off Rigo's win.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Howellman View Post
    I agree that everyone is drunk from last Saturday night and always root for the underdog and want the champions to lose. After re-watching the fight you have to reward Donaire for being the more aggressive fighter while Rigondeaux was running most of the rounds. It was a close fight but Donaire's big left hook that dropped Rigondeaux won him the fight for me 114-113.
    No you dont have to reward Donaire for being aggressive. You have to reward him for effective aggression, which he definitely was not achieving.

edit: Just seen your scorecard in your sig

Comment

Originally posted by Howellman
      I agree that everyone is drunk from last Saturday night and always root for the underdog and want the champions to lose. After re-watching the fight you have to reward Donaire for being the more aggressive fighter while Rigondeaux was running most of the rounds. It was a close fight but Donaire's big left hook that dropped Rigondeaux won him the fight for me 114-113.
      How do you reward aggression if its ineffective? Couldn't cut the ring off or land anything. So how do you reward that?

...Nvm just read you gave Donaire the fight. Troll alert.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf
        Quote:

Originally Posted by E.P.T.

That was a dumb post. That's like saying "the same Pac that got knocked out buy Singsurat and Torrecampo" OR "the same Mayweather that lost to Martin Castillo twice in the amateurs"

Julio Cesar Chavez and Marquez are ATG in my eyes. Morales and Barrera were just good fighters nothing more. Not sure if Barrera even beats Donaire. Please dont compare Donaire to Prince Naseem neither.
        I think I'm with you on this one. Idk if Donaire beats Barrera or not but I agree with the rest of your post.

Comment

People were on Broner's nuts after the DeMarco win and it even got him top 5 pound for pound status. People were on Matthysse's nuts after Mike Dallas Jr. and Olsegun.

Now when Rigo gets a little bit of shine its a problem?

Comment

Originally posted by PBP
            People were on Broner's nuts after the DeMarco win and it even got him top 5 pound for pound status. People were on Matthysse's nuts after Mike Dallas Jr. and Olsegun.

Now when Rigo gets a little bit of shine its a problem?
            That's cause Rigo is "boring" but the truth is he's a better boxer than both guys put together.

Comment

There is no problem with praising a great win but there is a tendency to overrate even great wins on this forum. For **** sake there was a thread the other day proclaiming Rigondeaux to be the most skilled fighter of all time which is, quite frankly, a ****ing joke. All of a sudden people are saying that Rigondeaux definitely has better boxing skills than Mayweather even though Mayweather has proven himself consistently against many different styles and doesn't rely heavily on foot movement to defend himself. Idiots on this forum downplay Corrales as a top opponent but he was #5 p4p when Mayweather fought him and was huge in his weight class with very goods power. Right now people are talking as if Donaire was an ATG but history might look at Rigs win over Donaire as a little better than Mayweather's win against Corrales but not a lot. The difference is that - despite accusations of being a safety first fighter - Mayweather was actually prepared to put some hurt on an opponent who couldn't beat him. Rigondeaux is the true definition of a safety first fighter. Rigondeaux is supposed to be the most skilled fighter of all time but he hasn't shown an ability to lead well or throw combinations consistently against a top opponent and hasn't shown any inside fighting whatsoever - he completely relies on foot movement to defend. Mayweather and Rig both have good punch stats but Mayweather's are slightly better despite fighting better opposition in general and being more active. I've just used Mayweather as one example here because he's an active fighter but there are countless examples of fighters who are arguably more skilled than Rigondeaux.

Another annoying thing is that people are suddenly claiming that Pacquiao's win over Barrerra is not as good as this as if Donaire is better than Barrera. Let me tell you that's not how history will see it unless Donaire goes on to do a lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by Matty Ice View Post
                Yea, that's what I meant, in general. Interesting...

Do you consider that an usual train of thought?

Because 9 out of 10 people will tell you Barrera is a certified ATG.

Go and check out Larrys thread begging the question.

Comment

well i woke up this morning and i got myself a beer!

let it roll, baby, roll.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by damit305

Donaire didn't dare to be great according to you? Donaire is a clubfighter all of the sudden? WTF are we coming to?

Heh, heh, heh....

Here's the crazy part: Rigo is only getting better. He hadn't fought anything above a decent fighter before schooling a top five P4P champion. As awesome as "El Chacal" is, he's still learning the professional ropes. The only thing that might stand in the way of Guillermo's ultimate greatness is Father Time. Rigo is 32. From where I'm standing, fans better get used to Guillermo Rigondeaux as a top fighter for at least a couple more years.

nd this is coming from a Cuban lol...nd BTW I'm part cuban..but hopp off rigos nuts...the guy skills are incredible but his resume isnt...say what u just sed 7 years from now...I don't even see him 25-0

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza
                      Quote:

Originally Posted by Matty Ice

Yea, that's what I meant, in general. Interesting...

Do you consider that an usual train of thought?

Because 9 out of 10 people will tell you Barrera is a certified ATG.

Go and check out Larrys thread begging the question.
                      I'm not saying calling Barrera an ATG is out of the norm. It's just something I don't agree with but I wouldn't argue either (if you called him an ATG). I guess I'm the 1 out that 10.

How low would you rank him tho?

Comment

Working...
                      X