No announcement yet.

Oh god... so Paulie/Broner approved?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RVABoxer
    Does anyone know what weight Broner walks around at or what he weighed the night of the Rees fight? I can't remember
    He told the Ghost he was 150 when Guerrero punked him.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by RVABoxer View Post
      Does anyone know what weight Broner walks around at or what he weighed the night of the Rees fight? I can't remember
      Wouldn't be surprised if his walk around is in the 50's.... actually it should be, no way I believe it's in the 40's.

Comment

Originally posted by RVABoxer View Post
        Both him and Rees were 150 on fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by Money Team. View Post
          Ok now the people getting mad at Broner for going str8 to WW..did you get made at Mosley for skipping 140??did you get mad at Manny for fighting 1 fight at 135 and 1 at 140 and going straight to 147??
          I think everyone can agree that, while beating DLH the first time was one of his best wins, skipping 140 was a terrible move for Shane Mosley. After beating DLH, Shane went 1-4 (and one NC) not long after that. He missed out on a lot of legacy by skipping 140, and if he had taken the time to grow into 147 from 140 instead of jumping up, things might have played out a lot differently.

He should have dropped back down after beating Oscar, but he wasn't going to give up that damn belt. Broner will do the same thing.
          Last edited by paulf; 03-08-2013, 09:15 AM.

Comment

I don't get why he's being rushed to 147 Pounds. You know what actually I do get it. Since Mayweather burned HBO for time GBP sees this as a chance to push thier version of Mayweather and build a PPV star.

Broner imo shouldn't skip 140. He's only 23 years old. It's too early. Yeah Paulie is a winnable fight but it's a cherrypick. And I love Paulie I always thought despite his persona he was a tough guy he's not going to lay down for Broner and I think he can actually be a good test for Broner but imo it's too early.

I guess GBP/HBO wants to build him up on PPVs with a WW title and hope that another young fighter gets hot to make a mega fight. I don't think they're too interested in fighting the 140 pounders. Uness one of them gets hot like a Danny Garcia or Keith Thurman.

This could come back to bit all them in the ass if Broners body isn't ready to handle power from legit Welterweights.
            Last edited by B.U.R.N.E.R; 03-08-2013, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Comment

If Broner beats Paulie, Haymon will have 3 of the four title holders at 47.

I don't get this move. Is he there to stay or is he going to play hopscotch between 35, 40 and 47?

And if he's as good as people think he is, he will have to cross paths with Floyd at some point.

Comment

Broner gets out jabbed by Paulie and wins a crooked SD to get the belt then he claims he has 147 on lockdown. He gets called out by the other top dogs there and drops back down to 135 and fights Burns.

Comment

But guys, Paulie has won 2 of his last 5 fights by stoppage! He's a new man now! A one-man wrecking machine who's on the up! What a fight this will be!!!1!!1!

Comment

Broner may walk around at 150 something but I dont really see him beating anyone at 147 besides maybe Paulie. I think he will have to change up his style to compete with the top 10 guys at 147.

Comment

Working...
                      X