Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh god... so Paulie/Broner approved?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they (GBP) see an opportunity here to get Broner a belt at 147 and then market him as the HBO version of Mayweather (He young too) etc but why the rush? He could and should have stayed at 135 and try to make a vasquez fight if burns wouldnt step up to the plate again. or go to 140 and duke it out with the top guys there before flying to 147, Weight class exist for a reason but even then i have to admit that Paulie M is a small WW and might get run over by Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist
      Tell me he didn't skip the entire 140lb division.
      He did. He damn sure did. Unbelievable. Seriously do you guys think Broner will move back to after this? Be real now.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Why can't the guy (anyone) just move around from 40 to 47 and fight who they want? Why does the BS title freak all the fans out. If the guy doesn't care about them why should the fans? Everyone knows the titles are bull **** so why use them as an excuse to say who he should fight and he "needs" to clean up the weight class!! What BS, he should and he will fight who he wants to fight and thats how its done today!! Mayweather does it the Klitz bros do it and whats the Problem if Broner does it??
        It is time to step up and I think when he's 25 yrs old you'll see this kid in there with who ever is the best opponents avalible but for now they're picking and choosing and making good choices so far!! Ray

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          yes, a big crowd. paulie has a huge following in ny. hes a loca; favorite, trust me i know. broner definitely ont be getting many cheers here thats for sure. this is a fight that determines if hes ready to take center stage. if he folds to the pressure, and its entirely possible he does, then he isnt. paulie isnt that far gone as u make it. cano beat him, thats true but its not the first time hes been beat, and hes known how to come back before.
          The pressure of what, you're making it sound like its an even fight or something. The pressure of the crowd? This is how we say whether its a good fight or not. Paulie just folded to the pressure of Cano, and got boo'd as loud as Devon did against Bailey. Why not just have him fight Bailey then, he also seems to "comeback". Or how about mosley? They got beat by top ranked fighters. I could understand if maybe he was beat by a decent fighter but he got his ass whooped by Cano.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            I think they (GBP) see an opportunity here to get Broner a belt at 147 and then market him as the HBO version of Mayweather (He young too) etc but why the rush? He could and should have stayed at 135 and try to make a vasquez fight if burns wouldnt step up to the plate again. or go to 140 and duke it out with the top guys there before flying to 147, Weight class exist for a reason but even then i have to admit that Paulie M is a small WW and might get run over by Broner.
            Why the rush? Because such easy belt opportunities dont come up often at WW with the fight so easy to make

Comment

Make it happen

Comment

Ok now the people getting mad at Broner for going str8 to WW..did you get made at Mosley for skipping 140??did you get mad at Manny for fighting 1 fight at 135 and 1 at 140 and going straight to 147??

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  i think its a good fight, but i also think its a horrible decision by broner's handlers. he doesnt belong at 147 and if he moves down and abandons the belt, then wtf is the purpose?
                  Exactly! Don't know what the hell they are planning on doing.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
                    He did. He damn sure did. Unbelievable. Seriously do you guys think Broner will move back to after this? Be real now.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                    I dont see him staying at 147 after this I actually do see him jumping around weight classes hes still young with lots of options. I'm wondering what he will weigh in at I'm guessing it will be a few pounds under 147

Comment

Does anyone know what weight Broner walks around at or what he weighed the night of the Rees fight? I can't remember

Comment

Working...
                      X