• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh god... so Paulie/Broner approved?

https://twitter.com/Gabriel_Montoya/...50046462046209
    I don't know, just saw this, not happy at all..... at all

Awful.

There were great fights to be made at 140, but he's willing to skip the real fights for an easy win and title at 147? Poor stuff.

Comment

Fine by me, it's just one fight and it will be intriguing to watch. Much better than Mosley v Malignaggi.

Hopefully they get it on 24/7, the build-up will be entertaining.

Comment

So he's going to ditch lightweight without fighting Vazquez or Abril or Burns, who despite the earlier duck is available now. He's also going to skip 140.

He better fight some damn good fighters at welterweight, or he's going to deserve ALL the criticism he gets. Considering the track record so far, I doubt it.

Comment

He's only doing this fight for a stupid title. Paulie did good winning it against Senchenko, but he won it against one of the worst champs possible. Cano should have beat Paulie and I don't think Cano is that great.
          You know what... put him in there with Jorge Silva. They just signed him, good young man who's been progressing and a fairly entertaining fighter.

Comment

God damn you, Al Haymon.

Comment

As much as I don't like Broner skipping one of the hottest divisions in the game (140) at least he'll be fighting people his own size now. If he picks up Paulie's belt, I'd like to see him fight Ortiz, winner of Maidana/Josesito Lopez, or winner of Alexander/Brook.

Comment

If he fights Malignaggi he should beat him, and go back down to 135 and fight Burns.

I'm not sure anyone has done that before.

That's the only way I'd be happy with this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                  He's only doing this fight for a stupid title. Paulie did good winning it against Senchenko, but he won it against one of the worst champs possible. Cano should have beat Paulie and I don't think Cano is that great.
                  You know what... put him in there with Jorge Silva. They just signed him, good young man who's been progressing and a fairly entertaining fighter.
                  That's the way of the sport. Go through a few divisions lifting belts off paper champions, next thing you know a legion of nuthuggers are calling you a four division champion that fights nothing but champions.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    That's the way of the sport. Go through a few divisions lifting belts off paper champions, next thing you know a legion of nuthuggers are calling you a four division champion that fights nothing but champions.
                    I wouldn't have minded this fight if Paulie still had his movement....
                    Then again, there's 4 champs per division...maybe 5 in the future if people start recognizing the IBO.
                    Japan got it right... but hey just recognized the WBO I think.... so they're slowly going down to the rest of the world's level

Comment

Working...
                    X