Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh god... so Paulie/Broner approved?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's easy to jump up weightclasses like that when you are 1. already big for 135 2. going against probably the p4p softest puncher in boxing. I'm sure Broner wins this then wants to brag about how he made the jump from 135 to 147 like its nothing to take a title. Perfect opportunity for Broner to make himself look "better"

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
      A big crowd?

Paulie is shot to all hell. A fat lightweight in Pabo Cano beat him last time out. Remember what Malignaggi-Khan looked like? It will be a similar or worse beating.

The Alexander fight was a more interesting matchup but would have made for a duller fight. This one, man. I hate to pick my boy to get KO'd but I gotta be objective here. Broner TKO.
      yes, a big crowd. paulie has a huge following in ny. hes a loca; favorite, trust me i know. broner definitely ont be getting many cheers here thats for sure. this is a fight that determines if hes ready to take center stage. if he folds to the pressure, and its entirely possible he does, then he isnt. paulie isnt that far gone as u make it. cano beat him, thats true but its not the first time hes been beat, and hes known how to come back before.

Comment

Paulie will do a Senchenko on him

Comment

Paulie will do a Senchenko on him, LOL

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
            Allows him to call himself a 3 weight world champion.

When it's said, that's all you hear. You never hear 2 weight champion and paper champ in another division.
            He was the epitome of a paper Champion at 130.

"Paper Champion" can be defined as any title that isn't THE title but Broner's belt at 130 is the paper title of all paper titles.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              He was the epitome of a paper Champion at 130.

"Paper Champion" can be defined as any title that isn't THE title but Broner's belt at 130 is the paper title of all paper titles.
              and thats what i dont like. he really hasnt made a claim for himself in any division. u cant just keep jumping from division to division picking up titles. thats weak. and no1 cares frankly. pick a division, stay there, grow there and make a name for yourself like that. gbp really doesnt know how to build stars.

Comment

Idon't value any titles these days, their bought not won. Then theres those who never make defenses until they want to!
                This is a good fight for both guys. Paulie gets back in the lime light and the kid gets a veteran guy who knows his way around the ring. I don't care what weight their at or any of the normal things fans cry about. I look at their style and their talents and thats it!!
                Paulie going to move in & out on this kid and Broner will need to use his feet to catch up with Paulie!! This could be a better test than expected!!!
                Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  and thats what i dont like. he really hasnt made a claim for himself in any division. u cant just keep jumping from division to division picking up titles. thats weak. and no1 cares frankly. pick a division, stay there, grow there and make a name for yourself like that. gbp really doesnt know how to build stars.
                  He should get the credit for DeMarco, and I think anyone who doesn't hate on him does. DeMarco isn't very good, but he was a guy to beat at lightweight.

To leave with DeMarco as the only guy you fought, though? That would definitely be weak. People expected him to stick around and fight some of the other guys there.
                  Last edited by bojangles1987; 03-08-2013, 08:52 AM.

Comment

I don't value any titles these days, their bought not won. Then theres those who never make defenses until they want to!
                    This is a good fight for both guys. Paulie gets back in the lime light and the kid gets a veteran guy who knows his way around the ring. I don't care what weight their at or any of the normal things fans cry about. I look at their style and their talents and thats it!!
                    Paulie going to move in & out on this kid and Broner will need to use his feet to catch up with Paulie!! This could be a better test than expected!!!
                    Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      He should get the credit for DeMarco, and I think anyone who doesn't hate on him does. DeMarco isn't very good, but he was a guy to beat at lightweight.

To leave with DeMarco as the only guy you fought, though? That would definitely be weak. People expected him to stick around and fight some of the other guys there.
                      Demarco was the only fight I liked at Lightweight. He was the man to beat after those Linares and Molina wins.
                      I liked the Litzau fight too because he was coming off that big win and got demolished.

Comment

Working...
                      X