Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather should just retire, his legacy is set

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winning fights at a high level well past his prime certainly won't hurt his legacy any. I imagine if he really does fight twice this year that will be just about it for him, his legs aren't what they used to be.

Comment

At two other forums there was a poll about who had the better resume, Roy Jones Jr or Mayweather and Mayweather lost big time. To say he has done enough means you are happy with the sure wins he conveniently kept fighting his whole career.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        lol @ nouveau riche, but yeah Mayweather is a gambling addict from Las Vegas, he won't retire. Expect a James Toney future for his boxing career.

As for his legacy, I don't think it will be looked upon fondly in years to come much in the same way as RJJ's isn't, too many question-marks and unanswered questions.
        Well personally I find that whats holding him back is he doesnt really have a "legacy" moment. It seems like many of the greats had those moments in their career where they climbed a mountain that was thought unclimbable or came across when the decks were stacked against them. Ali beat Foreman when many thought he didnt have a prayer, Leonard beat hearns when people were betting their house against him (not to mention he was getting outboxed and beaten handily before the ko) . He also went on to fight and beat (controversially) the reigning middleweight king. ODL reached for greatness when he tried to take on hopkins. Floyd just never really had the nerve to aspire for something like that. It why people are now trying to get him in the ring with Martinez so that he can have that "legacy moment". Many thought it would be Manny that provided it for him but that was never to be either.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          lol @ nouveau riche, but yeah Mayweather is a gambling addict from Las Vegas, he won't retire. Expect a James Toney future for his boxing career.

As for his legacy, I don't think it will be looked upon fondly in years to come much in the same way as RJJ's isn't, too many question-marks and unanswered questions.
          This is the problem, too many ifs and buts. And since Pac is always mentioned with regards to Floyd, I'd say Pac's losses now, later in his career, do his own legacy very little harm. He solidified himself as an ATG by beating Barrera, Morales, JMM and Cotto.

Comment

Hiis legacy is set is a rather vague comment. Similar to Sven Ottkes or JCs legacy being set?

Is BH legacy set, yet he is fighting still.?
            Floyds legacy is that of not fighting much, not fighting when he should have done, not rematching, ducking and diving out of the ring. Lots of negatives with Floyd that outweight the positives.

Comment

His legacy is set but adding to his resume can't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                Hiis legacy is set is a rather vague comment. Similar to Sven Ottkes or JCs legacy being set?

Is BH legacy set, yet he is fighting still.?
                Floyds legacy is that of not fighting much, not fighting when he should have done, not rematching, ducking and diving out of the ring. Lots of negatives with Floyd that outweight the positives.
                wooooo congratulations hugh grant, 10,000th post about floyd mayweather jr!

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
                  LMAO at all these heart broken pactards.
                  heart broken...:WORD: His Legacy is being a cherry picking fight ducking bum. heheheheeeeeeeee! Mayweather will never and can never be on the level of Pacquiao. Hes to much of a coward. :WORD:

Comment

He would make more money fighting Canelo but he might get KOed and that won't do much for his legacy. I think he makes 20 million or more no matter who he fights. As long as he can make that kind of money and not get hurt I can understand why he does not retire just yet. You can't buy cars and homes and jewelry with legacy. You can't put legacy in the bank or use legacy to invest in the stock marget.

Comment

He have a ****load of money to gain. I would definitely not quit yet.

But if what he's going to give us is fights against Alexander he might as well quite for what i care.

Comment

Working...
                      X