• Show
Clear All

Self Preservation.

Comment

Originally posted by figzuki View Post
      Self Preservation.
      Health First!

Comment

I guess so. But I don't agree that hes the greatest of this era. His resume does not support that in comparison to Pacquiao. Head to head now, Mayweather may win for most ppl, but that doesn't mean him a greater fighter, so many other factors come into play.

Mayweather really needs those final legacy fights to overtake Pacquiao. Martinez or Trout are solid wins for him, if he wins those.

Comment

Nothing to gain? He has millions upon millions upon millions to gain. Who wouldn't hang around to fight chumps?

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
            Nothing to gain? He has millions upon millions upon millions to gain. Who wouldn't hang around to fight chumps?

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
              HAHAHA Marquez ruined his legacy fight LOL.

HE has nothing to do now in the sport but collect paychecks.

mayweather jr annihilated marquez... that marquez stopped manny does not damage floyd's resume or his legacy.

what marquez did was take money from floyd mayweather, and put it into his own pockets. it's the only fighter who could knock manny out without being considered as a big floyd opponent, given that they've already fought and floyd beat the dogsh#t out of him.

Comment

if by legacy you mean avoiding all the biggest fights that would have proved his greatness, sure.

and missing out on the biggest fight of the century because of his pride.

like Roy Jones said, he's going to regret it forever. He could have been immortal, but he will be so much less than he could have been.

That's Floyd's legacy
                Last edited by DARKSEID; 02-07-2013, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post

it's the truth, man.

you're a cool guy. you don't need to be so biased all of the time. eventually manny and floyd will retire. what will you do with your energies then? there's going to be other great fighters from the philipines and america that will come along. donaire is a good start.

are you going to leave cars on the road that are ready to be repo'd if you can still repo the cars?

you're gonna repo the cars and make some money. when you can't repo the cars anymore you step away from the game and hit the beach.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    it's the truth, man.

you're a cool guy. you don't need to be so biased all of the time. eventually manny and floyd will retire. what will you do with your energies then? there's going to be other great fighters from the philipines and america that will come along. donaire is a good start.

are you going to leave cars on the road that are ready to be repo'd if you can still repo the cars?

you're gonna repo the cars and make some money. when you can't repo the cars anymore you step away from the game and hit the beach.
                    I have to be biased with Floyd. Its my E-Legacy! When Manny or Floyd Retire ill rep another great fighter of my style liking. And find another fraud to expose!
                    Then again i may throw the Gatti sig and Avi up again and roll with it. I like Donaire. Great champion. I go for style...not race though. Im just pointing out the obvious with Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by JaYDeuce11 View Post
                      He has nothing to gain from fighting young fighters such as Alexander, Guerrero, Bradley, Trout etc. People won't remember those fights/wins , he would have everything to lose and not much to gain from them even money/ppv wise.

If he needs money, only Canelo and Marquez II will bring it for him, but those fights will not add anything to his legacy.

That is why the Pacquiao fight was huge for Floyd to cement his legacy as the greatest of alll time, but it was killed due to Marquez.

the only fight that can enchance it is with Sergio Martinez but that seems like it will never happen as well. With those 2 mega fights realisticaly gone..Floyd will just be remembered as the greatest boxer of his generation, not the greasest
                      What legacy you are talking about? You mean his cherry picked 4 fights in the last 6 years? Not to mention in order to win those 4 fights...

he weight cheated Marquez
                      sucker punched Ortiz
                      faked his retirement so that he can wait for Cotto and Mosley to get old enough first then fought them when they were past their prime.
                      Last edited by straightleft; 02-07-2013, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X