No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather should just retire, his legacy is set

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
    Well not ESPN themselves, just Dan Rafeal, not sure if that would be considered as ESPN, but he does represent them. Right?
    Depends - on whether he wrote it for them or on twitter or elsewhere. I never saw this piece by Rafael stating that Floyd is broke. Have you? Wanna read it.

Comment

There isnt a fighter from 140-154 that can beat him. I want to see him fight on.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Depends - on whether he wrote it for them or on twitter or elsewhere. I never saw this piece by Rafael stating that Floyd is broke. Have you? Wanna read it.
        I remember reading it around the time when Mayweather came back against Ortiz, and Rafeal I guess was feeding into the talk of Mayweather coming back for money due to his issues with the IRS and being broke.

Which they call, in-responsible journalism to follow up on things not proven fact.

I dunno man, I wish I had whatever money Mayweather does have, don't like to sit around thinking about other peoples money.

Comment

I remember reading it around the time when Mayweather came back against Ortiz, and Rafeal I guess was feeding into the talk of Mayweather coming back for money due to his issues with the IRS and being broke.

Which they call, in-responsible journalism to follow up on things not proven fact.

I dunno man, I wish I had whatever money Mayweather does have, don't like to sit around thinking about other peoples money.
          Yeah, I don't think it was Rafael who wrote that. In fact, I'm pretty sure it wasn't. Besides, IRS issues doesn't equal going broke.

Comment

Well not ESPN themselves, just Dan Rafeal, not sure if that would be considered as ESPN, but he does represent them. Right?
            when you get a breai between bong hits and madden on PS3, decide whether ESPN did or didn't write an article about floyd being broke. I don't recall seeing that article.

I think you simply ran with something you saw posted here.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              when you get a breai between bong hits and madden on PS3, decide whether ESPN did or didn't write an article about floyd being broke. I don't recall seeing that article.

I think you simply ran with something you saw posted here.
              Yeah basically. He might want to amend that to "tell b o x i n g t a l k to stop writing letters about Floyd!"

Comment

Mayweather has already established his legacy, maybe not in the way I would've liked, but nonetheless, he will be remembered as one of the most skilled/talented/polarizing figures of his era. The current (and next) generation of boxers will look at him as the standard of how business is taken care of, inside and outside the ring. Ability to market oneself, intelligent match-making, etc. He did things on his terms. Everyone wants to fight him because they know how valuable it is to have Mayweather on their resume, and it will definitely help their pockets too.
                Last edited by kiaba360; 02-07-2013, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X