No announcement yet.

Guillermo Rigondeaux; FACTS!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    He threw some beautiful combinations in that 4th round and that second knockdown was sheer class. Reminds me a little of 'upper-hook' Gamboa dropped Solis with.

He took that fight on short notice too and apparently because he got clipped with a left hook and momentarily knocked off balance whilst showboating that is some sort of blueprint on how to beat the guy.

You know a fighter is seriously good when people bring up them getting hit with one decent shot over their career.

He is faster than Donaire, both hand and foot. Donaire may have the equaliser, there is no denying he can crack but for me he is totally outgunned in this one. If he makes it a technical fight he gets shut out, probably a few balance shots on route to a wide U.D for Rigo, he can not win a chessmatch against Rigo.
    I think his best chance is his normal approach, ''left hook happy'' as I call it and hope to land one.
    @ 0;41 rigo got clipped good

edit: wrong reply..was meant to reply to the video posted.

Comment

• Fact

He doesnt fight often!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drag-On View Post

One shot over a 12 round fight...

I was more impressed by the uppercut to the body he responded with before tying Marroquinn up tbh.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Has never been down in sparring or in 400 amateur bouts, quite a fate for a guy with a bad chin huh?

He wasn't hurt against Corboda when he 'touched down'

He will destroy Donaire, absolutely wreck the Bob Arum media creation.
          Well, don't matter if his hurt or not, Rigo got knock downed in the pros.

Amateur means nothing in the pros. Miguel Cotto beat down an opponent which he lost to in the amateurs. Didn't Roy Jones beat Tarver in the amateurs but you saw what happen in the pros.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drag-On View Post

One punch.......that's all the opponent landed. I posted the video so people could see how accurate and crisp Rigo's punches were. He dominated the guy besides one punch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
              At the amateurs, Rigo fought teenagers or very young amateurs, that's why he was successful in the Amateur Cubans does have advantage because they cant get to Pros. That's the reason they're good in the Amateurs. but in the Pro they're not that successful.
              This is a gigantic overstatement, and one that some people would love to convince themselves is absolutely true. The Cuban Teofilo Stevenson won his first gold at age twenty. Among those he defeated at the 1972 Munich Games was the twenty two year old American Duane Bobick. At the 2012 London Games, we had eighteen year old Robeisy Ramirez win gold.

Rigo won his first gold medal at the age of twenty. Naturally, a fighter going for a second or third Olympic championship will encounter some younger or more inexperienced opponents. But to say that's their reason for success is at the very least misguided.

Comment

• Originally posted by loui_ludwig View Post

Amateur means nothing in the pros. Miguel Cotto beat down an opponent which he lost to in the amateurs. Didn't Roy Jones beat Tarver in the amateurs but you saw what happen in the pros.
                Well lets be real here...Donaire is the one with a loss, not Rigo. Rigo has been fighting guys his own size too unlike Donaire.

Comment

• I can see either guy winning a decision or losing by KO. Donaire has a slight size advantage, while Rigo is faster and has more responsible defense. The two question marks are Rigo's punch resistance and Donaire's patience/focus. Can Rigo withstand enough punishment to get the W? Can Nonito maintain his focus if Rigo begins to dictate the tempo and is getting the better of him? It'll probably turn into a slow and boring fight, but I'm not going into this fight with the mindset of being entertained. I expect a slow chess match.

Comment

• **** I can't wait for this fight...WAR RIGO!!!! KNOCK HIM OUT!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by loui_ludwig View Post

Roy never fought Tarver in the AMs to my knowledge as for Cotto's losses, he literally was a kid. Hell the guy lost to tiny little Ivan Calderon in the ams!

Yeah amateur boxing pedigrees don't mean zilch right?

You may name a few but in most cases most successful amateurs go on to have very good success in the pros.
                      Roy, Oscar, Foreman, Ali, Wlad, Frazier, Tyszu etc etc all had extensive amateur backgrounds

In fact go look at every top guy of each division, just about everyone was a damn good amateur with the exception of maybe Sergio Martinez. Donaire himself was a good amateur and defeated James Kirkland lol (no joke)

Comment

Working...
                      X