No announcement yet.

Guillermo Rigondeaux; FACTS!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
    People aren't giving Rigo enough credit. He is faster than Donaire is and I can see Donaire getting caught with a straight left as he throws a right of his own. Rigo's left uppercut is much sharper and quicker than Donaire's is too; I've seen Donaire get sloppy when throwing uppercuts and that would be a crucial mistake against Rigo.

so you think based on this vid? the opponent he's fighting here is much slower than donaire

Comment

• Originally posted by chito View Post
      so you think based on this vid? the opponent he's fighting here is much slower than donaire
      No, not just this vid. It was the shortest one I saw, most were over 20 minutes long and I figured no one would watch anyways. I have been a supporter of Donaire for a while but the fact is, he has been fighting some older, shop-worn fighters lately.

I think he is one of the best out there but he gets touched up. I can recall several fights where his eyes were swollen and bruised up when it was all over. Rigo will be the best fighter that Donaire has ever faced and the same can be said for Rigo. I just think the fight will be closer than what some people think.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        Once and he wasn't hurt by it. Look at his right foot.

Headguard's do not protect your chin, they're merely to help prevent cuts.
        They give a false sense of security so if anything it is likely to make it worse.
        At the amateurs, Rigo fought teenagers or very young amateurs, that's why he was successful in the Amateur Cubans does have advantage because they cant get to Pros. That's the reason they're good in the Amateurs. but in the Pro they're not that successful.

Comment

People aren't giving Rigo enough credit. He is faster than Donaire is and I can see Donaire getting caught with a straight left as he throws a right of his own. Rigo's left uppercut is much sharper and quicker than Donaire's is too; I've seen Donaire get sloppy when throwing uppercuts and that would be a crucial mistake against Rigo.

He threw some beautiful combinations in that 4th round and that second knockdown was sheer class. Reminds me a little of 'upper-hook' Gamboa dropped Solis with.

He took that fight on short notice too and apparently because he got clipped with a left hook and momentarily knocked off balance whilst showboating that is some sort of blueprint on how to beat the guy.

You know a fighter is seriously good when people bring up them getting hit with one decent shot over their career.

He is faster than Donaire, both hand and foot. Donaire may have the equaliser, there is no denying he can crack but for me he is totally outgunned in this one. If he makes it a technical fight he gets shut out, probably a few balance shots on route to a wide U.D for Rigo, he can not win a chessmatch against Rigo.
          I think his best chance is his normal approach, ''left hook happy'' as I call it and hope to land one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
            At the amateurs, Rigo fought teenagers or very young amateurs, that's why he was successful in the Amateur Cubans does have advantage because they cant get to Pros. That's the reason they're good in the Amateurs. but in the Pro they're not that successful.

You mean to tell me he fought nothing but kids on route to winning 2 olympic golds, 2 worlds & was it 7 Cuban national titles?

He beat Hallab, Petchkoom, Mammadov, Mares, Rahimov, Gamboa, Sultanov just to name a few who are all around his age and was all highly talented and successful amateurs. Several have even gone on to the pros to become world champions.

The Cubans are doing very well in the pros, did you know they only have about 50 pros? several of which are world champions or world title contenders.

Comment

He threw some beautiful combinations in that 4th round and that second knockdown was sheer class. Reminds me a little of 'upper-hook' Gamboa dropped Solis with.

He took that fight on short notice too and apparently because he got clipped with a left hook and momentarily knocked off balance whilst showboating that is some sort of blueprint on how to beat the guy.

You know a fighter is seriously good when people bring up them getting hit with one decent shot over their career.

He is faster than Donaire, both hand and foot. Donaire may have the equaliser, there is no denying he can crack but for me he is totally outgunned in this one. If he makes it a technical fight he gets shut out, probably a few balance shots on route to a wide U.D for Rigo, he can not win a chessmatch against Rigo.
              I think his best chance is his normal approach, ''left hook happy'' as I call it and hope to land one.
              I think the left will be his best bet too. Still, Rigo throws his own left so straight and so fast and Donaire is an orthodox.....I can see Donaire having issues with that punch.

Comment

You mean to tell me he fought nothing but kids on route to winning 2 olympic golds, 2 worlds & was it 7 Cuban national titles?

He beat Hallab, Petchkoom, Mammadov, Mares, Rahimov, Gamboa, Sultanov just to name a few who are all around his age and was all highly talented and successful amateurs. Several have even gone on to the pros to become world champions.

The Cubans are doing very well in the pros, did you know they only have about 50 pros? several of which are world champions or world title contenders.
                I heard he also beat Gary Russell Jr and Broner twice each in the am's

Comment

I heard he also beat Gary Russell Jr and Broner twice each in the am's

Wasn't that Robert Marroquinn? Though Rigondeaux may well of too.

It gets me how people think his amateur success is some sort of joke. I mean I think you could probably count on one hand the amount of guys who dominated the amateurs like/anywhere near that.

Laslo Papp, Stevenson, Felix Savon, Mark Breland, Vasyl Lomachenko I'm sure there maybe a few I've forgotten. The guy is arguably the greatest amateur of all time and what he has done in the pro's in so few fights is remarkable.

Comment

But we are talking about Rigo fighting Donaire here. Donaire's a Top P4P in all boxing. Donaire kicked Pro asses for 10 years already. So you count what u see in their PRO fights. And the news is its a done deal. Rigo's chin will find out!! And I will bring this thread back on after we see Rigo got Koed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
                      But we are talking about Rigo fighting Donaire here. Donaire's a Top P4P in all boxing. Donaire kicked Pro asses for 10 years already. So you count what u see in their PRO fights. And the news is its a done deal. Rigo's chin will find out!! And I will bring this thread back on after we see Rigo got Koed.
                      But we wasn't; you bought up his amateur career and tried making out he had beaten nothing but kids which clearly is not the case.

And what he has done in the pro's is very good but I am not as impressed as other people are. I think he has been matched carefully to make him appear better than he is. Bob Arum is great at this!
                      He has fought mainly guys a lot smaller than him or washed up as hell/both.

I can only give Donaire an edge in pro experience and maybe a slight edge in power. He may stop Rigondeaux, I doubt it but he might. The guy has bags of power, that is no knock on Rigondeaux's chin just like it isn't if Rigo K.O's Donaire. Both guys have legit one punch K.O power.

I really do feel Rigondeaux is going to make Donaire look very ordinary & lost in there.

Comment

Working...
                      X