No announcement yet.

Guillermo Rigondeaux; FACTS!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    Who said I was directing my comment towards you...? But you know what they say, if the shoe fits...

Don't flatter yourself thinking I got it out for you mah dude.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    Well, considering Dan_Cov is a big fan of Rigondeaux and I'm critical of Rigondeaux and I can't think of any other guys called Dan on here and I just posted in the post above yours then it seemed logical.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Don't you have to post before I post to say "Inb4" ?

And I don't hate Rigondeaux at all.

He's just vastly overrated by people such as yourself.

i think he was talking about the TS, another one of our forum's "dan's"

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
        That Dan's a big Rigondeaux fan though.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza
          Quote:

Originally Posted by New England

Dan and Rigo haters: people who hate Dan (the TS) and Rigo...

My phone auto corrects dan to Dan.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• The best part of this is when Donaire ducks Rigo for Donaire-Darchinyan II the stans are going to try and declare him p4p #1 after he wins

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              * Has never been knocked down in sparring
              were it possible to conclusively prove it either way, i'd be willing to bet that one's a myth
              Last edited by S. Saddler 1310; 01-23-2013, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                The win/loss thing is very arguable, but no fighter ever fighting better competition in so few fights or time? Complete and utter rubbish. He's doing very well, and often gets too much hate for what he's done so far and how quickly he's moving along, but what you're saying above is flat out BS.

For example: the best Rigondeaux has fought would be Cordoba. He's only ever been an interim champ. Wasn't ever even a real champ. When he stepped up as mandatory, he either lost badly or drew (some would say stiffed against Sidorenko). He's fought one 'champ' in Ramos, and we have to see what becomes of him still.

Someone like Tszyu, fought two world champs in his first 6 fights. More than Rigondeaux already, in half the fights. He had had 13 fights over 3 years by the time he won his first title, similar to Rigondeaux, except he had beaten 4 world champions, and 3 or 4 number 1 contenders.

If you take away the very first guy Jeff Fenech beat, his win/loss ratio over the first three years of his career was about 265-41, much greater than Rigondeaux. Even with his first pro fight against a bum, it still only becomes about 290-75, which is basically exactly the same.

The big thing though: in those three years, same time as Rigondeaux but with a few more fights, he fought and beat 5 world champions, 2 HOFers, 3 undefeated number 1 fighters, 1 undefeated US Olympic gold medalist and hugely hyped prospect, and a bunch of other dudes with good records, but who weren't very good fighters. He had also become a two division world champ and still holds the record for becoming a world champ in the shortest time ever; 6 months.

That's not even going into some of the Asians who jump in and fight real champions nearly straight away. Guys like Sahaprom who was fighting in a proper title fight in his 4th pro fight against a 55-4 level world champ, then having his first defense against multi champ, bantam great, Nona Konadu. Or Muangsurin who won the 140 title in his 3rd fight.

Get this: 9 of his first 12 pro fights were WBC 140 title fights. Out of those 12 fights, 6 were against world champions, 4 were against number 1 contenders or title challengers and 2 were against journeymen. That destroys what Rigondeaux has done in the same time and amount of fights. Annihilates it.

What about Sot Chitalada? He fought prime HOF world champ Jung Koo Chang in his 5th fight, lost, then beat WBC champ Gabriel Bernal in his 8th, followed by a title defense against champ Charlie Magri, and a rematch against former champ Bernal and then another defense against two time champion Freddie Castillo. 11 fights, less than three years, 4 world champs, 1 prime HOFer over two divisions. Same amount of fights in the same time but much, much greater competition.

Pete Rademacher, in the same time fought Floyd Patterson, Zora Folley, Lamar Clark, George Chuvalo, Brian London and a bunch of other guys. I'm pretty positive that if you checked out the win/loss ratio there it would be similar. Better competition though.

Neon Leon: 11 fights, heavyweight champ, fought Ali twice, 32-4 two time title challenger Alfredo Evangelista, undefeated future champ Coetzee, plus top contenders/title challengers LeDoux, Righetti, and Agosta. Much better.

Davey Moore: champ in 8th fight. Had beaten two champs, including undefeated Miraha and 41-1 long time, 154 pound champ Ayub Kalule by his 10th. Had also beaten top contenders Weir, Rooney and Guidan. ATGs Duran and Benitez came in his 13th and 15th fights respectively.

Kazuto Ioka: 11 fights, two division, three time, unified world champion!!!! Two excellent world champs beaten (or three if for some bizarre reason you count Interim title as being world champ...?), especially long time undefeated Oleydong. Champ in 7th fight.

That's just the guys I remembered off the top of my head as fighting great comp early on. There are many more. Some I can remember but can't be bothered looking up. Nobuo Nashiro, Tatsuyoshi, Kittikasem,

Rigondeaux is doing good stuff, but its not close to any historic run.
                One of the best posts I've read in a long, long time. One has to sift through countless nonsense around here before coming across something articulate and meaningful. Thank you. Green K.

Comment

yeah, i didn't quite understand the post myself, was just trying to shed light on the dan situation

Comment

Don't rate Scott Quigg?

I think he's quite good.

I do rate him, I feel Carl Frampton is another good prospect, I just feel neither are ready for that leap quite yet.

Maybe in a couple of fights time if they keep progressing the way they are.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                      I do rate him, I feel Carl Frampton is another good prospect, I just feel neither are ready for that leap quite yet.

Maybe in a couple of fights time if they keep progressing the way they are.
                      Frampton's my favourite prospect at the moment. I think him and Rigondeaux should fight. Both have similar of fights and about the same level of resume.

Not going to happen though so in the mean time Frampton and Quigg should fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X