Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, was Cotto washed up all year or only after Trout beat him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    Not to derail this thread.....but how the hell do people expect Floyd-Sergio when Sergio's own team is saying they want Murray, Chavez rematch, than Floyd. That wouldn't even make the fight reasonable until 2014, which would be 5 years and 10 fights since he's last fought at 154. I mean at some point, people need to recognize Sergio isn't fighting at 154 anymore, he's the Middleweight champion of the world.

And to be honest, it's laughable that he's fighting Murray and a Chavez rematch, instead of Golovkin/Pirog/Geale/Quillin, and than claiming a guy who's naturally 2 weight classes smaller than him, is ducking him. I mean Sergio has to be one of the biggest hypocrites in the boxing world by taking fights with Barker, Murray, Chavez rematch, those are crappy fights.
    Stop it flamer, it's 2013 and you contradict yourself all the time. Stick to the topic or do like Larry and start a romantic thread about Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
      Stop it flamer, it's 2013 and you contradict yourself all the time. Stick to the topic or do like Larry and start a romantic thread about Floyd
      Apparently you didn't read the Sergio still targets Floyd thread.....they said they're targeting Murray, Chavez rematch, than Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        Trout is stronger, bigger, and faster than Josesito Lopez too......Canelo should take this fight, we'll find out EVERYTHING we need to know if he does.
        I agree there as well....the Lopez fight was a joke. I think it will be a closely contested match with Canelo taking it on the cards. It all comes down to whether or not Trout can take Canelo's punches IMO. If Trout can take the punches then he can implement his game plan and successfully box the entire fight. If he starts getting hurt by the punches, he will be scared of taking damage during every exchange. Also it depends on how Canelo takes Trout's punches...if he doesn't feel the power, he will shove Trout into the ropes and start to tee off on him. I think Trout will need more than a jab to win a fight against Canelo though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          Duran is not bigger than Floyd. Try again. He is far greater though. As a matter of fact Floyd is actually taller than Cotto & has more reach. And just because Floyd said he lost weight to fight Cotto, doesn't make it true.

Floyd is greater than Cotto, has won 2 titles at 154 & if he can fight there, he can fight the best there,period. If not don't talk bout Pacman, same crap different shades of dark.
          So a man who competed at mw isn't bigger than a man who has had only 2 fights at jmw? You're a clown. Size isn't just about height and reach, we're talking about weight. Mayweather is an inch taller and has longer arms than cotto, but Cotto is the bigger man. Going by your dumb logic, Spinks was bigger than Tyson.

This isn't about what Mayweather can or can't do. I haven't said that Mayweather can't fight whoever at 54, I'm simply pointing out that he's at a distinct size disadvantage. Guys like Trout, Alvarez, Lara, Martinez(at 54), ect are all clearly bigger than Mayweather. You accuse Mayweather of lying about his weight because you have a clear agenda. You don't want to believe that he came in under 50 for his fight with Cotto because of your agenda. I don't even know what Pacquiao has to do with any of this. Who is expecting Pacquiao to take fights that put him at a clear physical disadvantage? The knock on him has been about him negotiating catch-weights and things like that. You dont even know what you're talking about man.
          Last edited by Goldie; 01-01-2013, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            I agree that Canelo has been up against soft comp but I'm not going to say the kid is garbage. I can see speed and power with my eyes, I don't need to be in a ring with the dude taking punches be able to tell that has has thee traits. The guy lands 3 and 4 punch combinations routinely and all the punches have snap on them, you can't land that many punches against professional boxers unless you are fast. I realize that Mosley is way past it at this point but even he said as much. He said that Canelo hits as hard and is as fast as the best he has ever faced, the kid is the real deal. Mosley could have been lying to save some sort of face or something but he looked shell shocked in the fight while he was eating those 4 punch combinations.

Trout has a great jab and good movement. I don't think he has a solid chin and I don't think he packs a ton of power in his punches. Could Trout beat Canelo? Sure. Do I think a win would be easy for him? No, not at all. I just feel that once Canelo starts to find his groove and he starts tagging Trout flush, he will disrupt Trout's game plan and make him timid because of the speed and power. I could be completely wrong but based on what I've seen, Canelo will be too strong for him.
            Your a baaaad man if you can see power with your eyes. I can't. I've seen shots that didn't look hard to me put guys to sleep. Then I've seen shots that looked helacious leave guys smiling begging for more.

I know Trout is faster than ginger though. I'm not sold on ginger's power because like the obvious, stopping a jr welterweight doesn't mean you can stop a jr middleweight. Pacman & Floyd at welterweight hurt Mosley more than ginger did 3 fights later.

Trout is long, has better stamina, better speed, better footwork, is a southpaw & has beaten jr middleweights. When Trout's 154lb southpaw jab gets stuck in ginger's face & he can't find a way inside & when he does get there realizes Trout has his number there too, expect a corner stoppage or some kind of crazy dq for Trout dominating the favored kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
              So a man who competed at mw isn't bigger than a man who has had only 2 fights at jmw? You're a clown. Size isn't just about height and reach, we're talking about weight. Mayweather is an inch taller and has longer arms than cotto, but Cotto is the bigger man. Going by your dumb logic, Spinks was bigger than Tyson.

This isn't about what Mayweather can or can't do. I haven't said that Mayweather can't fight whoever at 54, I'm simply pointing out that he's at a distinct size advantage. Guys like Trout, Alvarez, Lara, Martinez(at 54), ect are all clearly bigger than Mayweather. You accuse Mayweather of lying about his weight because you have a clear agenda. You don't want to believe that he came in under 50 for his fight with Cotto because of your agenda. I don't even know what Pacquiao has to do with any of this. Who is expecting Pacquiao to take fights that put him at a clear physical disadvantage? The knock on him has been about him negotiating catch-weights and things like that. You dont even know what you're talking about man.
              I never said Floyd was lying. You're just lost & confused. You name guys like Trout,Alvarez,Lara, Martinez at 154 siting they're all bigger, but just the same can't explain why he'll fight certain bigger fighters, but not others. I know Floyd said 100% of the ppv revenue when Pacman is a ppv fighter. Go learn boxing, get off of 1 mans pair & holla when you've gain some of the knowledge I've forgotten, we're done here redman.

Comment

still a good fighter in my opinion. should have a bit more discipline and fight at 147 i think.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  I agree there as well....the Lopez fight was a joke. I think it will be a closely contested match with Canelo taking it on the cards. It all comes down to whether or not Trout can take Canelo's punches IMO. If Trout can take the punches then he can implement his game plan and successfully box the entire fight. If he starts getting hurt by the punches, he will be scared of taking damage during every exchange. Also it depends on how Canelo takes Trout's punches...if he doesn't feel the power, he will shove Trout into the ropes and start to tee off on him. I think Trout will need more than a jab to win a fight against Canelo though.
                  It just seems to me like you're expecting Trout, a real, prime, jr middleweight, (who's the bigger man), for some strange reason to fold like all these shot, old or smaller fighters ginger has been fed. I don't understand it brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    I never said Floyd was lying. You're just lost & confused. You name guys like Trout,Alvarez,Lara, Martinez at 154 siting they're all bigger, but just the same can't explain why he'll fight certain bigger fighters, but not others. I know Floyd said 100% of the ppv revenue when Pacman is a ppv fighter. Go learn boxing, get off of 1 mans pair & holla when you've gain some of the knowledge I've forgotten, we're done here redman.
                    You clearly implied that Mayweather was lying. Your also not that bright if you need someone to explain why Mayweather took the DLH and Cotto fights at 54. You're biased agenda is still showing as well. The $40 million no ppv revenue offer was Floyd's latest. He initially offered Pacquiao a 50-50 split with a 14 day cut-off for testing, and Pacquiao walked away to fight Clottey. I guess that's just some of the knowledge that you've forgotten huh?

You don't know ish, and the old threads that have been bumped showing your ignorance is proof of that. The nerve of you. Not too many things worse than a smart-dummy. You're the same poster that predicted that Mosely would beat Mayweather amongst other idiotic things. Be done, clown-boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                      You clearly implied that Mayweather was lying. Your also not that bright if you need someone to explain why Mayweather took the DLH and Cotto fights at 54. You're biased agenda is still showing as well. The $40 million no ppv revenue offer was Floyd's latest. He initially offered Pacquiao a 50-50 split with a 14 day cut-off for testing, and Pacquiao walked away to fight Clottey. I guess that's just some of the knowledge that you've forgotten huh?

You don't know ish, and the old threads that have been bumped showing your ignorance is proof of that. The nerve of you. Not too many things worse than a smart-dummy. You're the same poster that predicted that Mosely would beat Mayweather amongst other idiotic things. Be done, clown-boy.
                      Just because Floyd says so, does not make it true, period. He took those fights for money, he would have fought ginger for the same reason too. Luckily that fight will be trashed when Trout gets through with ginger. The old treads are just that old. I man up when I'm wrong. Guys like you however can't, or won't, or simply, shamelessly do not. You cannot compare Cotto to Floyd. Floyd is greater. To act like they're the same level diminishes Floyd dummy.

But if you acknowledge Floyd would only fight at 154 for the money against fighters he should beat, (which you have), then you simply cannot say he's the best. If he won't fight other guys there because they are truly bigger & more skilled, but would fight others there because he can over come their size, does in fact make him a cherrypicker. It's 1 or the other, not them both. He's a great earner, but he's not the best fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X