Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, was Cotto washed up all year or only after Trout beat him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyhow goldie, my bad. We were severely off topic. This tread is about Trout, Cotto & the credibility of Trout's win. I'd really like to stay on that topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      Which is why I'm confused now.
      Trout is too big for Cotto! With his size combined with his defensive style, he is able to move backwards, and have baby cotto run into fast shots! Cotto is not able to get close enough with his short arms! It would be the same if Floyd were to fight Martinez! Too small

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
        Trout is too big for Cotto! With his size combined with his defensive style, he is able to move backwards, and have baby cotto run into fast shots! Cotto is not able to get close enough with his short arms! It would be the same if Floyd were to fight Martinez! Too small
        Very informative, thanks.

Comment

Just because Floyd says so, does not make it true, period.
          No ish Sherlock? That goes without saying. Just because someone says something doesn't mean that it's true and that goes for anyone. Your implication that he was lying is obvious though. Stop being a coward and stand behind what you're implying.

He took those fights for money, he would have fought ginger for the same reason too. Luckily that fight will be trashed when Trout gets through with ginger. The old treads are just that old. I man up when I'm wrong. Guys like you however can't, or won't, or simply, shamelessly do not. You cannot compare Cotto to Floyd. Floyd is greater. To act like they're the same level diminishes Floyd dummy.
          So you do understand why Mayweather took the DLH-Cotto fights at 54, and why he's not permanently campaigning at 54? Why were you acting stupid as if you didn't understand then? This is prize-fighting man, not a tough-man competition. Floyd took those risks because the rewards outweighed them. It's called business. It's one thing to not like the politics of pro boxing, it's another to dismiss or ignore the politics in order to hate.

I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong and will gladly do so. Here are some differences between posters like you and I. I don't have an agenda that causes me to hate on particular fighters. I don't have to worry about making stupid predictions and claims that are based on emotion(hate). The opinions that I express here are objective and reasonable because they are based on rational thought. Again, you get yourself in trouble because your thoughts and opinions are based on emotion.

I only compared Mayweather and Cotto in the sense that they are both clearly at a physical disadvantage against the elite guys at 54. I never said that they were on the same level as fighters. Floyd is clearly a greater fighter, but they're both really too small for jmw.

But if you acknowledge Floyd would only fight at 154 for the money against fighters he should beat, (which you have), then you simply cannot say he's the best. If he won't fight other guys there because they are truly bigger & more skilled, but would fight others there because he can over come their size, does in fact make him a cherrypicker. It's 1 or the other, not them both. He's a great earner, but he's not the best fighter.
          Here's the thing though man, I don't have to subcribe to your criteria of what being the best is. I simply don't agree with what you're saying. I don't really respect your position here either because it's based hate imo. Posters like you sem to be Mayweather haters simply because he's as good as he is. I've never denied that Floyd is a risk-reward fighter at this point. It would be irresponsible for him not to be a risk-reward fighter at this point in his career, in the position that he is in. You can call it cherrypicking, ducking, or whatever term that fits your agenda. I simply call it being smart. I don't/wouldn't support Floyd fighting bums, but I'm also not going to hate because at 36 he's not out here taking on any and every fighter that his detractors want him to fight. "Fans" like you are basically irrational. With Mayweather it's more about "cherrypicking" fighters based on how much money there is to be made, not because he's scared of certain guys. Look man, Mayweather is a WW that has gone up to 54 just twice in 5 years for big money fights. He's simply not a full-time jmw. You can either deal with that or conmtinue to hate. What you won't be able to do is impose your biased point of view on other people like myself who choose to think for themselves.

Comment

smh there was a reason why Toprank matched him up with Foreman Mayorga and Maragarito at a catchweight

Comment

People wasn't saying Cotto was done going into that fight...all i seen was "COTTO IS GOING TO DESTROY TROUT" "COTTO IS GOING TO KO TROUT" "WHO IS AUSTIN TROUT"

While the fans who actually knows boxing was saying "Cotto will regret taking this fight"

It came down to Cotto fighting Trout or N'Dam N'Jikam and I did not like his chances against either of those styles to be honest especially at this point in his career

I think Cotto can still win certain match ups, I think he can beat K9 at 154!

Comment

Anyhow goldie, my bad. We were severely off topic. This tread is about Trout, Cotto & the credibility of Trout's win. I'd really like to stay on that topic.
                No problem. I give Trout full credit for his win and hopefully he is indeed rewarded with a shot at Alvarez. Now if he beats Alvarez then he would be in a position for his team to at least campaign for a shot at Mayweather. I would definitely like to see Mayweather take on the winner of a potential Alvarez-Trout matchup. I'm realistic though. Even if he were to defeat Alvarez, I doubt that that would make him a big enough draw to make Mayweather and his team comfortable enough to take that risk. Who know's though. I'm just anxious to see an Alvarez-Trout fight to say the least.

Comment

Floyd ruined cotto

Fact

Comment

Go watch Cottos vs Mosley, and compare that to the Cotto that fought Mayweather or Trout. He is an absolute shell of himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby
                      Simple question. How long was Cotto washed up?? After all he was favored by 90% of the board. Now he's washed up. Looking for clarity.
                      he was washed up before Manny spanked him, prime when Floyd fought him, and shot when trout beat him.

just depends on who he's fighting.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X