Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who thinks Cotto vs Trout was a draw ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

116-112 trout, competetive fight but trout clearly did enough to win. a draw would have been a robbery, there were many close rounds but i felt i gave more of them to cotto than trout acctually.

Comment

Fight was closer than the scorecards suggested, but no way was it a draw either, Trout won at least 7 rds of the fight and that is being generous to Cotto to be fair

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
        I just finished watching Cotto vs Trout. Before watching it I went on the internet and read that Trout won a lopsided decision. When I actually watched the fight I didn't score the rounds cause I knew the winner anyways and I was VERY VERY SURPRISED when I watched the fight. Because I thought basically (almost) every single round was razor close and could be something like a draw. At the end I had a feeling it is a draw or maybe a Trout win by 1 point.
        I don't think Cotto did enough to take Trout's title, but then again, Mayweather also didn't do enough to take Cotto's title.
        I didn't feel Trout really won this fight against Cotto, but he didn't really lose it either. The official scorecards were a joke though.
        Anybody else here felt Cotto vs Trout was a draw?
        Sounds like you're missing something while watching these Cotto fights, or seeing something in them that only other Cotto fans see.

Mayweather won 9 or 10 rounds and won it easily. Trout won 8 rounds for me, but I could easily see 117-111. Certainly he won 7-12 very clearly. Anything less than 8-4 is getting a bit carried away. I actually felt generous to Cotto giving him the close rounds early on, but there were no rounds after 6 you could give him without showing a clear bias. He simply didn't win them on any level.
        Last edited by BennyST; 12-02-2012, 10:12 AM.

Comment

I think the scores were pretty accurate. The 119-110 was probably because the judge gave every close round to Trout. You can't say oh, well I gave the last close round to this person, let me give the next close round to the other.

I stopped scoring the fight after round 6. However, I thought Cotto won rounds 3,4, and maybe 5. I can still see how you could give Trout those rounds. In addition, I thought Trout won every round easily after round 6.

Comment

I also thought it was a draw or could have gone either way. It was a competitive fight and no fighter was really dominant the whole time, a lot of swing rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by mrcupide2 View Post
              I also thought it was a draw or could have gone either way. It was a competitive fight and no fighter was really dominant the whole time, a lot of swing rounds.
              Trout dominated the second half....or at least won it very clearly. First half was close and competitive though.

Comment

Yes..... Yes you are

Comment

Well besides Paulie......

Comment

Trout won the fight decisively.

Comment

Trout whipped Cottos ass. He busted Cottos face and beat him to the body with those left cross and stiff jabs to the mid section. Cotto was missing three out of every four punches thrown. It was an easy victory for trout, not even close.

Comment

Working...
                      X