Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who thinks Cotto vs Trout was a draw ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it could have been, most definitely, the rounds were very close, after the 12th i thought it was a toss up although i didn't score it rd-by-rd

Comment

Learn how to score a fight. Trout out landed Cotto every round there was about 3 close rounds and the rest were clear Trout rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
        Learn how to score a fight. Trout out landed Cotto every round there was about 3 close rounds and the rest were clear Trout rounds.
        you wanna tell me Trout won CLEARLY 9 rounds in this fight?? LOL. only in your dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
          you wanna tell me Trout won CLEARLY 9 rounds in this fight?? LOL. only in your dreams.
          Yes he won 9 round clearly. Cotto landing 3 or 4 punches at the end of rounds doesn't wipe out the pasting he was getting in those rounds before.

Comment

You have to be pretty bias to think cotto won or had the draw. trout put on a great performance.

Comment

I had it 116-112 for Trout, but I could see a two round swing the other way, especially in the MSG.

Comment

The scorecards were a damn joke, it was a close fight.
                But no, my man Cotto gave up too many early rounds and didn't do enough late to make up for it.
                I just hope its not the last we see of him, deserves to go out with a W.

Comment

Fight was close in the beginning but after the 5th or 6th,Cotto quit fighting. I've never seen Cotto look so lost in the ring. I personally don't think he trained properly for this fight and took Trout lightly. Since when does Cotto decide not to use a jab and since when does Cotto punch so wide and sloppy?

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
                    I just finished watching Cotto vs Trout. Before watching it I went on the internet and read that Trout won a lopsided decision. When I actually watched the fight I didn't score the rounds cause I knew the winner anyways and I was VERY VERY SURPRISED when I watched the fight. Because I thought basically (almost) every single round was razor close and could be something like a draw. At the end I had a feeling it is a draw or maybe a Trout win by 1 point.
                    I don't think Cotto did enough to take Trout's title, but then again, Mayweather also didn't do enough to take Cotto's title.
                    I didn't feel Trout really won this fight against Cotto, but he didn't really lose it either. The official scorecards were a joke though.
                    Anybody else here felt Cotto vs Trout was a draw?
                    This is because you don't know how to score fights. Mayweather didn't do enough to take Cotto's title? Lmao

Comment

There were some rounds that I felt that Cotto was landing the harder more significant shots, albeit very fewer, and Trout was landing more shoe shine punches but was working more. So then it comes a question of how you chose to score those rounds and what your criteria is. With that said, I don't think you can find more than 4 rounds to give to Cotto, 5 at the most if you're feeling the Holiday spirit. Trout simply outworked him and controlled the majority of the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X