Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who thinks Cotto vs Trout was a draw ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw many rounds as inneffective for both men. Keeping in mind that Cotto marks easily and Trout's landing percentage wasn't very high at all, though he was the busier fighter. Going into the championship rounds it was like that. But Cotto seemed to lose some steam. Really Cotto gave away too many rounds when he stopped stalking Trout, pushing the momentum of the fight, and got up on his toes, backpedaling. That killed it for Cotto. Was a close fight to me though.

Comment

the fight was not close. cotto got dominated

Comment

Can't believe people are even trying to make this a Controversial Decision to be honest, I guess some people are letting their PRIDE get the best of them so they just can't take it that their favorite fighters LOST

Other then the 119-109 Scoring which was Ridiculous...the Judges got it right! Giving Cotto a Draw would have been a HOMETOWN DECISION...don't believe Cotto Lost? Just go back and look at the concern on his Family Face after the fight and also look at how Trout took the MSG Crowd out of the fight then also look at Cotto Face and Trout Face

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame
          I just finished watching Cotto vs Trout. Before watching it I went on the internet and read that Trout won a lopsided decision. When I actually watched the fight I didn't score the rounds cause I knew the winner anyways and I was VERY VERY SURPRISED when I watched the fight. Because I thought basically (almost) every single round was razor close and could be something like a draw. At the end I had a feeling it is a draw or maybe a Trout win by 1 point.
          I don't think Cotto did enough to take Trout's title, but then again, Mayweather also didn't do enough to take Cotto's title.
          I didn't feel Trout really won this fight against Cotto, but he didn't really lose it either. The official scorecards were a joke though.
          Anybody else here felt Cotto vs Trout was a draw?
          Yes, you and Paulie are the only ones.

I had it 116-112 for Trout, and there were a 2 rounds in there that I could have gave to Trout but I gave those 2 close rounds to Cotto, those two rounds were very tight.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by RightJabLikeZab View Post
            the fight was not close. cotto got dominated
            Nah, Cotto landed leather througout the fight. Dominated is too strong a term. Edged? Yes. Outpointed, sure. Dominated? No.

It was a 115-113 fight, though many rounds were swing rounds depending on what your judging criteria is.

Comment

I had 115-113 for Trout. Cotto did not win that fight. I think a draw is pushing it.

Comment

I did not score it but I remember that going in to the 12th round the fight was up in the air. I agree with a draw. Actually in round 7, all I was thinking was that this fight will most likely end up being a Draw. It looked like a draw in the end, but the judges felt that it was basically a near-shut out for Trout.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                  I had 115-113 for Trout. Cotto did not win that fight. I think a draw is pushing it.
                  "Had it 115-113".

"Draw, which is 1 round different from what I had it, is pushing it".

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    "Had it 115-113".

Everytime Trout landed it was flush, clean, and easy to see. When he won rounds, he clearly won rounds. Cotto won a couple clearly, but most he won were close, like the 10th, the combo he landed in the last 10 seconds stole it. You think of all people on the forum, I'm not gonna try to give Cotto close rounds?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      "Had it 115-113".

Maybe because El Angel gave Cotto the benefit of the doubt as much as he could.

Comment

Working...
                      X