Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who thinks Cotto vs Trout was a draw ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
    I just finished watching Cotto vs Trout. Before watching it I went on the internet and read that Trout won a lopsided decision. When I actually watched the fight I didn't score the rounds cause I knew the winner anyways and I was VERY VERY SURPRISED when I watched the fight. Because I thought basically (almost) every single round was razor close and could be something like a draw. At the end I had a feeling it is a draw or maybe a Trout win by 1 point.
    I don't think Cotto did enough to take Trout's title, but then again, Mayweather also didn't do enough to take Cotto's title.
    I didn't feel Trout really won this fight against Cotto, but he didn't really lose it either. The official scorecards were a joke though.
    Anybody else here felt Cotto vs Trout was a draw?
    I thought the fight could go either way, and I was one of those saying Cotto bit off more than he could chew before the bout based on the size difference which was massive. I saw a sloppy fight and sequences where Trout missed all five punches of a combination while Showtime spazzed out at how amazing the shots were. Neither guy did much, but Cotto has a busted up face damn near every fight now and people seem to score on looks I guess. Lots of close rounds that could have went either way. I have no issue with either man winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fistic View Post
      We are not all professional boxing judges like you and Dan and turkas. Some of us like myself score the fights for fun. And you guys make it seem that it was a lopsided win for Trout when Cotto was effectively applying pressure and pressing the fight and landing the clearer punches on the larger man during the first half.
      yeah cotto was winning the fight through the first 5 and a half rounds when he pressured. then halfway through round 6 he started going backwards and trout completely took over and dominated. i don't know why cotto did that. maybe he got tired because he's flabby and out of shape or just made a stupid tactical decision.

Comment

lol. I love those "end of thread" comments. stupid as hell.
        The Showtime commentary saw it exactly as I saw. they had it pretty much a draw after the 10th round. I can see a draw after 12 or a close Trout win. but if you wanna see Cotto lose, you just run with what the ridiculous official scorecards say. no way did Trout clearly beat Cotto.
        if anything it felt like a draw, but I dont care anyways.
        i had it a draw. didnt see the invisible punches trout was landing. Cotto got tired and back pedalled late, but trout landed perhaps 1 uppercut per round at the end.

Comment

• Had it 117-111 for Trout so no argument from me.

Comment

I just finished watching Cotto vs Trout. Before watching it I went on the internet and read that Trout won a lopsided decision. When I actually watched the fight I didn't score the rounds cause I knew the winner anyways and I was VERY VERY SURPRISED when I watched the fight. Because I thought basically (almost) every single round was razor close and could be something like a draw. At the end I had a feeling it is a draw or maybe a Trout win by 1 point.
            I don't think Cotto did enough to take Trout's title, but then again, Mayweather also didn't do enough to take Cotto's title.
            I didn't feel Trout really won this fight against Cotto, but he didn't really lose it either. The official scorecards were a joke though.
            Anybody else here felt Cotto vs Trout was a draw?

Comment

• Cotto seems to never lose to some of his fans,there is an excuse for all of his loses

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                yeah cotto was winning the fight through the first 5 and a half rounds when he pressured. then halfway through round 6 he started going backwards and trout completely took over and dominated. i don't know why cotto did that. maybe he got tired because he's flabby and out of shape or just made a stupid tactical decision.
                Yeah, I didn't really get why he did that. Malignaggi kept saying how Cotto was outboxing Trout, but he really wasn't doing much on the back foot.

I gave Cotto four rounds total, I think I gave him 3, 4, 5 and 6 (Although 6 was a very close one that could easily go to Trout). And then he lost every round after that. Good performance by Trout, I'd like to see him against Canelo sometime.

Comment

• Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
                  Cotto seems to never lose to some of his fans,there is an excuse for all of his loses
                  Nah, even Cotto's most die hard fans have Trout winning but by something absurd like 115-113.

Lord knows where these joker's are emerging from scoring it a draw

A fight that's not close at all being called a draw. Thankfully, there's not many out there making that claim.
                  Last edited by IronDanHamza; 12-02-2012, 06:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                    i had it a draw. didnt see the invisible punches trout was landing. Cotto got tired and back pedalled late, but trout landed perhaps 1 uppercut per round at the end.
                    Oh yeah, Trout was landing nothing all night.

Cotto's face damaged itself.

Comment

• They say
                      Margo-cheated ok cool
                      Manny- weight drained him ok
                      Floyd-barley beat him or some even say cotto should have won-ok
                      Trout-should have been a draw?

when will you stop making excuses for Cotto and give the opponent their due credit?

Comment

Working...
                      X