Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surprise, surprise, Donaire continues to duck Rigo. .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    Yes if those prime champions haven't beaten anybody of note. Being a prime champion doesn't mean **** if you don't have any good fighter on your resume. Fading worldclass fighter > unproven prime fighter.
    So who's a better win right now for a prime champion, today, at 154; Spinks or Canelo?

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
      So by your logic... Sugar Ray Leonard should never have fought Tommy Hearns or Roberto Duran.

Floyd never should have fought Castillo, or Corrales.

Cotto should have never fought Judah, or Margarito.

Oscar should have never fought Trinidad.

Trinidad should have never fought Vargas.

Roy Jones should have never fought Hopkins.

Hopkins should never have fought Taylor.

Whitaker should have never fought Chavez.

Chavez should have never fought Taylor.

Dweight Muhammad Qawi should have never fought Holyfield.

You sir... are an idiot, and I say that with all due respect. You are really reaching on this one.
      Almost all of those examples are bad examples.

Alarmingly bad with Chavez and Duran.

Comment

• That dude has used so many excuses as to why he don't want to fight Rigondeaux he just Flip Flop and his fans defend each and everyone of those excuses

The reason why his fans are doing that is because they themselves are not confident Donaire can beat Rigondeaux, so they would rather just play it same and have Donaire not even fight him then to take the chance of fighting him and losing

So they start making up **** to convince themselves and others that he can beat Rigondeaux

Comment

• Is Canelo beating K-9 or Cory Spinks better than Canelo beating Austin Trout?

Comment

• bump.........

Comment

• Originally posted by hayemaker1989 View Post
              Man what are you talking about??

What kind of ducking is that when he just proved himself by knocking out the best super bantamweight who didn't lose for many years.
              Rigondeaux is very talented and skilled and i would love to see that fight as well, but he just isn't a big name. Rigo should fight a world class fighter and win over some fans, before talking about Donaire.
              Honestly, you think Donaire fought Nishioka because he was a big name? Dude hasn't lost in 8 years but he was ready to hang em up b4 this fight. Guillermo may be 32 but he isn't war-torn like Nishioka; I don't like Donaire dismissing him like he is. It makes me think he doubts himself against Rigs.....I think Donaire knows it's not a good fight for him to take.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                Hearns had a victory over long time reigning champ Cuevas and Duran had already cemented his legacy as the greatest lightweight of all time.

Both of these guys were considered #1 in their weightclass when Floyd fought them.

Zab was a former undisputed champ. Cotto actually didn't have to fight Marg since he lost to Williams.

Tito had good fighters on his resume like Camacho, Campas and Carr.

Vargas had victories over Quartey and Winky.

It was Roy's first title shot for a vacant strap, he couldn't choose his opponent.

Chavez was unproven when Whitaker fought him?

Taylor won his title agains McGirt who was a good fighter.

You sir, do not know a damn thing about boxing. Not a damn thing. Ask the mods to delete your account and find yourself an easier sport to follow and understand like darts or something.
                You said fighters shouldn't fight prime skilled fighters. They should only fight old fighters with a name.

Comment

• Reasons for not fighting Rigo is the simplest... He is a 2 time gold medalist and donaire has a serious problem boxing! Rigo would out box Donaire and test his chin/body the whole fight.

Comment

• imo donaire wins a decision if they ever decide to get it on

Comment

• I don't understand how people even consider Rigo a worthy challenger to a top fighter. Rigo beat no one and only has eleven fights. But I guess fans never consider who he fought, they just jump on the bandwagon for the free ride.

Comment

Working...
                      X