No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: Martinez Not Capable of a High Pace For Twelve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Trainer Freddie Roach has studied several of Sergio Martinez's fights. In particular, Roach studied Martinez's 2010 twelve round decision victory over Kelly Pavlik. On Saturday Martinez (49-2-2, 28KOs) will face Roach's boxer Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (46-0-1, 32KOs) for the WBC middleweight title at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas.

[Click Here To Read More]
    this dude FINALLY got it right....yes its kinda OBVIOUS Maravilla be taking breaks in there....thats how Pavlik got back in the fight....thats 1 of the reasons I said Floyd would beat him....he's not a busy enough long enough....but he's STILL gonna beat the juice outta Jr's big ass though

Comment

Martinez wont need to be on it every round,he doesnt need to out land and out point chavez jnr.

Junior will get hit hard with massive shots so many times,it wont matter if hes winning on the cards,I dont think chavez can win this,he will get cut/tko'ed or plain knocked out.

Comment

Maravilla needs 6 rounds MAX! to put that baby to sleep.

Comment

But the thing is, is that Roach is right. Martinez does take rounds off. He cannot do that this time.

Comment

And Chavez Jr doesn't take rounds off?

First 2-3 against Lee, a round or two against Zbik, Rubio etc

In fact I had Zbik beating his ass.

Sergio is really badly going to hurt this kid on saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              Trainer Freddie Roach has studied several of Sergio Martinez's fights. In particular, Roach studied Martinez's 2010 twelve round decision victory over Kelly Pavlik. On Saturday Martinez (49-2-2, 28KOs) will face Roach's boxer Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (46-0-1, 32KOs) for the WBC middleweight title at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas.

[Click Here To Read More]

i actually agree with Freddie's assessment, Martinez does get tired in the mid rds because his style is so taxing, the question is whether Jr can get to him and keep him tired, because invariably by about rd 8 or 9 he tends to get a second wind and moves like he does in rds 1-4.

Comment

Roach, what kind of advice is that? Martinez is down to go the distance. He can adjust on the fly and if you think Chavez Jr is going to pressure him then for sure he will get caught coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  And Chavez Jr doesn't take rounds off?

First 2-3 against Lee, a round or two against Zbik, Rubio etc

In fact I had Zbik beating his ass.

Sergio is really badly going to hurt this kid on saturday.
                  That's not taking rounds off, that's starting slowly bro.

Comment

Freddie Roach is a high caliber trainer who knows a great deal about boxing physics and application but sometimes he says things that causes me to question what's really going on in his head. Did he not see Martinez in that chamber??? That chamber is like getting the effects of EPO without taking EPO. He will have a ton of oxygen in his red blood cells and he WILL be right there in the later rounds. Let Chavez go on and listen to what his celebrated trainer is telling him and he will be the 3rd consecutive 11th round TKO victim. Chavez better hope his mome training, size, and PEDs help him out. Otherwise he will be finding his papa picking him up off of the canvas.

Comment

i have a feeling this is going to look just like Sergio v Kelly Pavlik.

Comment

Working...
                      X