No announcement yet.

Vitali Klitschko wants a farewell fight with David Haye in Kiev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    It makes no sense to have it in the US, they're both European fighters with predominantly European fanbases.

If they want a neutral location Paris, France or Dublin, Ireland have far more merit.

Haye will take the Kiev fight however if it's offered.
    Lewis-Klitschko took place in the USA, and it was a hell of an event.

I am all for a Kiev fight or at Wembley, but if David Haye wants a neutral venue Las Vegas would be a damn good place to have it.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
      Vitali lives and sometimes fights out of California.

Also Hatton vs Pacquiao was in the US.

America can also generate big money and Haye and Vitali are well known over there.
      It won't sell anywhere near as much as it would in Europe & the 4 or 5 am start time would massively affect TV ratings in Europe. Little to zero chance of it happening in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
        Lewis-Klitschko took place in the USA, and it was a hell of an event.

I am all for a Kiev fight or at Wembley, but if David Haye wants a neutral venue Las Vegas would be a damn good place to have it.
        Slight difference in that Lewis fought in North America 23 times before fighting Klitschko and was well known. Haye has never fought in the US.

Anyway, I think the Klits call the shots as far as any Haye fight goes and I expect Las Vegas is well down the list of their preferred venues.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          Slight difference in that Lewis fought in North America 23 times before fighting Klitschko and was well known. Haye has never fought in the US.

Anyway, I think the Klits call the shots as far as any Haye fight goes and I expect Las Vegas is well down the list of their preferred venues.
          I agree, the German network they have a contract with aren't going to want an early morning start time.

Comment

I think Haye wants Vitali so much because he knows he's at the tail end of his career.

Haye always wanted Wlad because he felt he was the easier brother, he was wrong.

I always though Vitali would knock out Haye and I still think he will beat him but I'll agree that at this stage of Vitali's career, Haye has a decent shot at winning the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
              It won't sell anywhere near as much as it would in Europe & the 4 or 5 am start time would massively affect TV ratings in Europe. Little to zero chance of it happening in the US.
              The Americans pay more, if they can get PPV then it will make a lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                The Americans pay more, if they can get PPV then it will make a lot more.
                It's not going to be on American PPV and whatever they get from attendance won't be anywhere near they would in a 50,000+ stadium in Europe. A 4am start will badly affect UK sales too. It just doesn't make sense to have it in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                  It's not going to be on American PPV and whatever they get from attendance won't be anywhere near they would in a 50,000+ stadium in Europe. A 4am start will badly affect UK sales too. It just doesn't make sense to have it in the US.
                  Actually it would make more on the gate in las Vegas, When PAC had a fight in Texas it had over 50,000 people but did just over 5million on the gate, his fight with Bradley had around 15,000 but did around 9million. I only mentioned amercia since haye has only had 1 fight in the USA n it was an undercard fight in California n thought it would b good 2 headline a big show state side (also I'm thinking of going if they do fight n love Vegas and new York, rather them than Kiev). Also hatton/mayweather is the biggest ppv fight in uk history n that was on at 4am, so I think it will still sell well.

Comment

I see Haye winning by UD, maybe he even knocks Vit out. I mean, Vitali absorbed some good punches against Charr.

Comment

I don't see Haye getting a decision in Kiev.

Comment

Working...
                      X