No announcement yet.

Vitali Klitschko wants a farewell fight with David Haye in Kiev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    Joe Louis was 67 years old when they fought!

76 years old or 137 years old
    Last edited by D4thincarnation; 09-11-2012, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
      Haye would KO Wlad if they fight again next time.

And with the WBC belt and having Vitali's scalp on his record he will have much more power at the negotiation table.

But knowing the K brothers they will have Haye sign up his next 5 fights to K2 promotions and will have to give them a half his earning from then on.
      bull*****......

and if vitali's retiring, he's not gonna have to worry about having to fight both of them.

Comment

Although I voted for Vitali I think this is by far the greatest possibility we see Vitali being KOed. He has slowed pretty bad and he is certainly far far from his prime. This is the worst version of Vitali I ever watched, but he was an amazing fighter and the fraction of that amazingness might be enough for Haye...

I have it 65:35 for Haye by stoppage..

Comment

If it happens, whoever wins is getting a very good victory for their resume.

I would expect to hear either 'he was old' or 'he's not really a heavyweight' after the fight, but hey-ho...that's what happens. They are both valid points, but it's still a good fight.
          Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 09-11-2012, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
            If it happens, whoever wins is getting a very good victory for their resume.

I would expect to hear either 'he was old' or 'he's not really a heavyweight' after the fight, but hey-ho...that's what happens. They are both valid points, but it's still a good fight.
            true - excluding wlad who is head and shoulders above everybody they are still the two best guys in the division

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
              Haye would KO Wlad if they fight again next time.

And with the WBC belt and having Vitali's scalp on his record he will have much more power at the negotiation table.

But knowing the K brothers they will have Haye sign up his next 5 fights to K2 promotions and will have to give them a half his earning from then on.
              hell NO! He would get KOed by Wlad if they ever fight in the next 3 years...

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                Having watched ALL their fights several times, I know the Klitschkos capabilities as well as anyone. I'm usually able to pick the exact round they will stop an opponent.

The current aging version of Vitali will lose to the current prime version of Haye.

Even when Vitali was 38, I have no doubt he would have stopped Haye. But at age 41 he's just too slow, and cannot put his punches together like he used to.

I'm a fan of Vitali and dislike Haye, but I'm being realistic here.
                I like Vitali to win. He is slower, but he's still got a hell of a punch and there is no question his chin is granite. Haye will try to fight off the backfoot and land his big shots, which will indeed land, but I think Vitali will be too damn determined to walk out of the ring without having put David Haye to sleep.

This is going to be a good, good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                  hell NO! He would get KOed by Wlad if they ever fight in the next 3 years...
                  Too bad Wlad has been fighting top opposition in the likes 40 year oldTony Thompson, old fat blown up cruiser Mormeck and now Wach.

Jab Jab Grab ain't getting no knockout against Haye.

Comment

I wish Haye fought Vitali in 2009-2010.

I give Haye very little credit for a win if they fight. Vitali have slowed down significantly, even against Manuel Charr in the last round he was getting tagged by some Charr Punches. Not only that, his injuries really is taking a toll. Look at the Chisora fight, Vitali fought Derek with one arm and had trouble with movement. He still beat Chisora with one arm like 9-3 though, that being said Haye is twice as good as Chisora if he's motivated so it's a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                      Joe Louis was 67 years old when they fought!
                      Nahhh, born in 1914, fought in 1951

-
                      -------

Comment

Working...
                      X