Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitali Klitschko wants a farewell fight with David Haye in Kiev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fight will be in kiev in a 50,000 stadium and rtl and sky will pay a kings ransom for it.

It doesn't need to be in America and nor should it.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
      Lewis-Klitschko took place in the USA, and it was a hell of an event.

I am all for a Kiev fight or at Wembley, but if David Haye wants a neutral venue Las Vegas would be a damn good place to have it.
      Eventful was the fight. The build up and the actual hype was horrible.

Lennox Lewis was known as the inactive soon to be 38 year old champion that knocked out Tyson, talked with a weird British Accent, speaks about himself in the third person and someone who likes tea.

Vitali was known as 'a big Russian'. Nobody knew or talked about that fight. The only reason it even sold 8,000 tickets was because in 2003 boxing was still semi relevant in the United States and the HW Division was still the 2nd most important Division (at that time it was no longer 1st, that would be Oscar's Division)
      The fight was action packed, but it didn't attract anywhere near the attention Lewis-Tyson Lewis-Holyfield or Lewis-Golota did.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
        Yes I am serious.

First of all,

Haye has the power to KO Wlad, he is the biggest puncher in the division
        No, Wlad is the biggest puncher in the division I would say.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          Slight difference in that Lewis fought in North America 23 times before fighting Klitschko and was well known. Haye has never fought in the US.

Anyway, I think the Klits call the shots as far as any Haye fight goes and I expect Las Vegas is well down the list of their preferred venues.
          Random fact: Haye fought at the Playboy Mansion in America early in his career.

I'm expecting Kiev, because Haye of course doesn't have the bargining chips he had with Wladimir. A fight at Wembley would be much cooler, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
            I don't see Haye getting a decision in Kiev.
            Name ONE boxer who has ever been robbed in Ukraine.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              Name ONE boxer who has ever been robbed in Ukraine.
              How many big fights have been held in the Ukraine. It's obvious that Klitschko will get every close round awarded to him in the Ukraine that's just how boxing is when a fighter fights in their backyard.

Comment

I believe vitali will win.

It's a risky fight but if he fights smart he should win every round for a decision.

I would like the fight in Vegas where vitali fought Lewis.

Comment

I was actually looking forward to Viatli Klitschko vs Franklin Lawrence.

Comment

A few years ago Vitali would have beaten up Haye, now it's more competitive but I think Vitali would pull it off

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                      I don't see Haye getting a decision in Kiev.
                      Haye won't outpoint Vitali anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X