Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Ward Dare Joe Calzaghe To Unretire, Finalize Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
    Calzaghe handled Bika alot easier and alot more one sided on the inside than Ward did. Care to explain how that fits into your theory?
    That fact that your reaching and trying to use Common Opponent to figure out how that fight would go tells me everything I need to know While Bika is PHYSICAL inside... he does not fight as good inside as Ward as far as throwing punches inside nor is he as quick as Ward...NOT EVEN CLOSE!

And Ward Dominated Kessler much easier then Joe did...SO?
    Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 09-09-2012, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by egodfather View Post
      Calzaghe would never have taken a fight like Ward in his prime. He blatantly ducked a prime Jones Jr! Calzaghe apologists can say whatever they want but Joe Calzaghe was in it for low-risk high-reward fights. Sure he capped a few decent wins but that's about it. Ward beats any version of him.
      It's so obvious yet his fan boys(there are very few of them) act like he was great. Look at his resume compared to Wards. Look at the guys he was fighting. And people forget at that time the WBO was a joke tittle that no one took seriously. Joe wasn't even really champ until he fought Lacy. His resume is the absolute worst of any champion and he had the ugliest slapping style. Some of his stoppages were an absolute disgrace. I don't see how anyone could be a fanboy.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
        That fact that your reaching and trying to use Common Opponent to figure out how that fight would go tells me everything I need to know about your Knowledge of Boxing

And Ward Dominated Kessler much easier then Joe did...SO?
        because fighting the same opponent on the inside offers no insight into their infighting ability. That makes sense.

Kessler was really the same fighter after his layoff, injuries and eye problems.
        Last edited by Mikhnienko; 09-09-2012, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SirTomJones View Post
          I doubt you and the majority of this forum knew who Froch was when he wanted Calzaghe

so how many no name bums did joe fight in his career. He WOULDN'T FIGHT Pavlik because he claimed he called Pavlik out three years before he won the title and he turned it down. That is Calzaghe in a nutshell. Try to make a fight with a guy 3 years before anyone ever heard of him. Calzaghe the bum seeker.

Comment

Calzaghe handled Bika alot easier and alot more one sided on the inside than Ward did. Care to explain how that fits into your theory?
            Yea because Hatton handled Castillo better on the inside than Mayweather did, I guess Hatton can knock..... Oh wait

Comment

because fighting the same opponent on the inside offers no insight into their infighting ability. That makes sense.
              Edited my comment late but as I put in the Edit...Bika is PHYSICAL but Bika is not as QUICK as Ward inside nor is he as CLEVER...Bike when he gets inside he basically tries to rough you up but not really with Punches more with his Arms and HEAD...Ward on the other hand can land very accurately inside but can also make you miss punches while fighting inside because he is very slippery

Comment

• Calzaghe isn't and shouldn't come back. Ward may have to move up to find an opponent or hope Bute shocks Froch, which is highly unlikely.

Comment

• Prime calzaghe beats ward

Im not even a calzaghe fan i call him calslappy
                  But IMO Calzaghe in his prime would beat ward
                  But now he would not hes too old at 40 for speed and i never mentioned power rant over..............

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    Manager James Prince, and trainer Virgil Hunter, have dared British great Joe Calzaghe (46-0, 32KOs) to unretire for a super middleweight mega-fight with WBC/WBA champion Andre Ward (26-0, 14KOs).

Calzaghe, 40-years-old, has not fought since a November 2008 domination over a faded Roy Jones Jr. Ward returned to action on Saturday night in Oakland and secured the most impressive victory of his entire career when he stopped current light heavyweight champion Chad Dawson in ten rounds. [Click Here To Read More]
                    oh man, the Brits who ride for Joe, who love to brag about how he put it on Roy will call this a unfair cherrypick...

Comment

• Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                      It's so obvious yet his fan boys(there are very few of them) act like he was great. Look at his resume compared to Wards. Look at the guys he was fighting. And people forget at that time the WBO was a joke tittle that no one took seriously. Joe wasn't even really champ until he fought Lacy. His resume is the absolute worst of any champion and he had the ugliest slapping style. Some of his stoppages were an absolute disgrace. I don't see how anyone could be a fanboy.
                      I don't really consider any of da guys that Ward has beaten to be "elite". He has basically beaten 5 good fighters in one single division. Calzaghe dominated 2 divisions, had the most smw defenses of all time and retired undefeated at 46-0.
                      Ward ain't even close to touchin that just because he won the garbage Super 6 and made a lhw fight him at 168 in his backyard. 2 of da guys he done beat in dat tourney weren't even original entrants and dey was second rate. Joe was fighting across the ocean beating legends and making a name for himself.

Comment

Working...
                      X