Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Ward Dare Joe Calzaghe To Unretire, Finalize Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
    because fighting the same opponent on the inside offers no insight into their infighting ability. That makes sense.

Kessler was really the same fighter after his layoff, injuries and eye problems.
    hmmm what fight were you watching? bika clearly got the better of calzaghe on the inside. calzaghe's success came at mid range. joe held almost everytime bika got close similar to what hopkins did to joe but calzaghe fans labeled him a cheater and thought he lost because he did that. hypocrite alert.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
      Edited my comment late but as I put in the Edit...Bika is PHYSICAL but Bika is not as QUICK as Ward inside nor is he as CLEVER...Bike when he gets inside he basically tries to rough you up but not really with Punches more with his Arms and HEAD...Ward on the other hand can land very accurately inside but can also make you miss punches while fighting inside because he is very slippery
      Bika does throw good short punches on the inside his compubox doesn't consist of 30 headbutts and elbows landed each round. Ward can also fight the exact same way as demonstrated in the Bika fight where he was equally as dirty.

Aside from that i agree with your general sentiments about Ward's superior short punching, timing, defense, counterpunching. They obvously have completely different attributes with their inside game but the contrast between Ward and Bika is just as vast as Bika and Calzaghe. Joe's cleverness, timing, defense, countering ability, angles and all around greater variety being the difference much like Ward, only Joe asserted his superiority on the inside much more clearly than Ward did.

This all started with you asserting that it was a foregone conclusion that Ward's inside game was in another league to Joe's which isn't the case if you're being objective about both fighters skills and what they have demonstrated in the ring.

Comment

• For the right amount of money he'll unretire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
          so how many no name bums did joe fight in his career. He WOULDN'T FIGHT Pavlik because he claimed he called Pavlik out three years before he won the title and he turned it down. That is Calzaghe in a nutshell. Try to make a fight with a guy 3 years before anyone ever heard of him. Calzaghe the bum seeker.
          Shelly Pudwill, Allan Green, ring any bells?

Comment

• Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
            so how many no name bums did joe fight in his career. He WOULDN'T FIGHT Pavlik because he claimed he called Pavlik out three years before he won the title and he turned it down. That is Calzaghe in a nutshell. Try to make a fight with a guy 3 years before anyone ever heard of him. Calzaghe the bum seeker.
            He offered Pavlik a fight at least two times.

The American has never been serious about fighting him.

"He didn't even call me out after he beat Gary," he said. "And with no disrespect to Gary, he's a totally different kettle of fish to me.

"When Pavlik beat Gary, he actually didn't say anything about me at all afterwards.

"It's funny that he's started to get a bit brave now that I've signed to fight Jones."

Perhaps if Kelly hadn't got his wooped by old man Hopkins and started hitting the bottle the fight would have eventually got made

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
              Bika does throw good short punches on the inside his compubox doesn't consist of 30 headbutts and elbows landed each round. Ward can also fight the exact same way as demonstrated in the Bika fight where he was equally as dirty.

Aside from that i agree with your general sentiments about Ward's superior short punching, timing, defense, counterpunching. They obvously have completely different attributes with their inside game but the contrast between Ward and Bika is just as vast as Bika and Calzaghe. Joe's cleverness, timing, defense, countering ability, angles and all around greater variety being the difference much like Ward, only Joe asserted his superiority on the inside much more clearly than Ward did.

This all started with you asserting that it was a foregone conclusion that Ward's inside game was in another league to Joe's which isn't the case if you're being objective about both fighters skills and what they have demonstrated in the ring.

I can go on and on about Why Ward would beat Joe but I won't because that fight will NEVER HAPPEN!

Comment

• Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
                I can go on and on about Why Ward would beat Joe but I won't because that fight will NEVER HAPPEN!
                Well we agree on that.

Comment

• Calzage likes Cocaine too much too fight at 40

snortin Joe Calzage the Wales Limp at 40 is way too old to make a comeback against possibly the greatest Super Middle weight of all time. Joe is too high these days to makes sound decisions. Let Cleverly fight Ward at 175 for the Cleverly belt?? How about that Wales Wimp???

Comment

• At this point, I'm guessing Bernard takes care of Joe(Bernard is still a great, but Ward is quicker and probably a bit stronger now). He's been out of it too long, and it seems he has not taken the best care of himself. There may not be much challenge now for Ward, but this is a pretty pathetic thing to pursue. I'd like to see Ward in with at least a '08 version of Joe(and having two completely healed fists wouldn't hurt any) but hat's fantasy now. Go after Pavlik, instead.

Comment

• calzaghe even now would brutally kill ward for 12. he'd make it look so easy owning ward and showing off at the same time. prime calzaghe would jeff lacy ward.

ward is a decent fighter tho, just no way near the level of joe calzaghe

Comment

Working...
                      X