Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Ward Dare Joe Calzaghe To Unretire, Finalize Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by S.W.F.C View Post
    People saying Joe beat up on old men lol. You need to get your facts right and do the simple mathematics ffs. Joe is 3 years younger than Roy, how is Joe picking on older fighters :/ yea Hopkins is 7 years older but look at his conditioning.
    I agree with you to a extend. People pick on Calzaghe way too much. Pretty harsh on the Welsh Dragon Knight in my opinion. That being said Roy Jones Jr was beyond shot, he was a living corpse. I give Calzaghe a hell lot of credit for the Hopkins win. Hopkins was not as shot as the Cal Haters would have wanted you to believe. Since he dominated Pavlik right after, and went on to beat Pascal in a very entertaining two fight series.
    I do not agree with the age theory. Boxers age and peak at different times.

Lennox Lewis is OLDER then Mike Tyson. Yes. OLDER. Yet when Lewis fought Tyson it was a past prime ATG against a beyond past prime ATG.

I just also wanted to say, off subject but.
    Joe Calzaghe vs Hopkins
    and Hopkins vs Jones II were two of the most boring and dull fights ever. There were no real winners that night. Everybody who loved boxing lost.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
      is this a serious post? you say how is joe picking on older fighters then cite how he fought 2 guys who are older than him.
      I believe they call that sarcasm.

Comment

• What a pusz move to call a boxer out of retirement. That's like saying there is nobody to fight right here and now. There are plenty of other fighters, let this guy enjoy his retirement you big ass twat!!

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
          is this a serious post? you say how is joe picking on older fighters then cite how he fought 2 guys who are older than him.
          The point (as you well know) is that Calzaghe was pretty old himself.

Comment

• Ward is already a greater fighter than Joe Slapzaghe

Comment

• Evander Holyfield Jr should just let Calzaghe alone. Worry about fighters who actually want to fight

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Dough View Post
                I like Ward because he wins me lucci but he ain't a legend like Joe was. Dis kid beat 5 fellas dat ain't dat good to begin wit and some people is fallen in love. Joe would have dis kid pulling a Dawson after a few rounds.
                If the 5 fellas that Ward beat ain't that good what is Joe's best 5?!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  The point (as you well know) is that Calzaghe was pretty old himself.
                  so its ok if you are old to only fight other old guys? no other old boxer ever lived by this motto but the great joe calzaghe. all the other older fighters challenged younger fighters except joe. maybe joe fought all the great young fighters during his prime? oh wait....

Comment

• I would love to see this, so joe could get ko'd like hatton.

Comment

• Originally posted by DuttyAlacrity View Post
                      If the 5 fellas that Ward beat ain't that good what is Joe's best 5?!
                      Oh dey is good fightas but not epic or legendary, just good compared to most otha fightas in da 2000s. Calzaghe beat a Kessler dat had neva tasted defeat, a Lacy dat neva tasted defeat, a Hopkins dat swore he would neva lose to a white man and is a legend of da ring, a Jones dat is a legend as well. He did dis while fighting out of his backyard, ova in da otha guy's backyard and still beat em.

Ward has a lot of cans on his resume and he ain't even won 30 fights yet. Joe's accomplishments are way betta den dis Ward and ain't nobody in da world gonna convince me othawise. Hey, as ong as dis cat keeps making me money, I'll be a fan but I tells ya, he ain't an all time great, he just betta den some above average guys fighting in his division currently.

Comment

Working...
                      X