Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs Sergio Martinez Post Fight Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it was very nice match...i enjoyed it watching with my little child, he was very excited before this match,

Comment

• Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
      Chavez will balloon up to 220+ while he recovers
      He may not get that big but I'm sure he will reach his heaviest...he will be sedentary...in all likelihood depressed and have to weather through alot of doubts about himself...and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he develops some very nasty habits. It may all very well do him in as a fighter spiritually...and a broken orbital bone often does-in a fighter physically.

Ever since the fight was announced I kept thinking Jr won't really go through with it...I really only started to believe it would happen when he showed up for the weigh-in. He had no business being there. I honesty think that he believed all the BS that was created to hype and sell him...and now reality will set in and although he is talking up a rematch...I wouldn't be at all surprised if stays away from boxing for a very long time...maybe forever. I think Martinez did more than just break his face...he may have broke him period...and I said as much in a thread a week before the fight that this would happen. He had never step in the ring with anyone even close to 1/2 the skills and talent of Martinez...and it would be way to much for him to deal with mentally as well as physically.

Comment

• Originally posted by gallagheri
        I don't think so demonlight. Maybe the people writing the original text misstyped, but I dunno really.

The sentence was the following: "Es un tipo raro"

"Es" goes for IS
        "Un" goes for "A"
        "Tipo" goes for "Guy"
        "Raro" goes for "Strange" or maybe Weird.

I didn't understand that part either, to be quite frank. I just translated what I read .
        your translation is correct.. bostero o gallina?

Comment

• Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
          Martinez has not beaten nobody at Cotto's level and you know it.
          Strange, I'm having trouble thinking of recent Martinez opponents who wouldn't beat Cotto. Nothing against Cotto, but Sergio would maul him. That's common sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
            He said Martinez "knows where to put punches". That's basically it. He said that "he lost the fight, Martinez did not beat him". He did not give him any complements and simply insisted he proved he was on Maravilla's level and that he could hurt him, and that he simply started too late. Yeah, Julio, the 12th round is pretty late to "start". SMH.
            Sergio is a gentleman and a philanthropist outside the ring, but inside, he's gonna hurt and embarrass you. While on the other hand, Chavez is a moron (inside and outside), his lack of social intelligence is astonishing to me. He acts every bit his age, so immature.

Comment

• sergio shuts them down with the facts. basically slapped arum in the face right there. chavez jr could submit a glass of apple juice for the urine test and those scumbags in texas won't even care.

Comment

• I wish ya'll could understand it, cuz I don't feel like translating lol. Basically, Jr gave NO credit to Martinez and made a bunch of excuses, it's really pathetic. He kept repeating "I just couldn't get off!" and "I started late!" and he even said Sergio never hurt him -___-. This guy is really a fuckin joke. He sounds like a whiner. God, I don't understand how he has fans. How do ya'll defend this guy?

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQflD...hannel&list=UL

Sergio's post-fight interview with Golpe A Golpe, can't embed it cuz it won't allow me to.

Comment

• Thanks ts for the translation Sergio seems like a cool guy and without doubt a great champion

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                      I wish ya'll could understand it, cuz I don't feel like translating lol. Basically, Jr gave NO credit to Martinez and made a bunch of excuses, it's really pathetic. He kept repeating "I just couldn't get off!" and "I started late!" and he even said Sergio never hurt him -___-. This guy is really a fuckin joke. He sounds like a whiner. God, I don't understand how he has fans. How do ya'll defend this guy?
                      he's a snob. a silver spoon fed bitch. without the name nobody would give a shit about this bum.

Comment

Working...
                      X