Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs Sergio Martinez Post Fight Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hougigo View Post
    Didn't watch the post fight but I'm not even surprised
    He said Martinez "knows where to put punches". That's basically it. He said that "he lost the fight, Martinez did not beat him". He did not give him any complements and simply insisted he proved he was on Maravilla's level and that he could hurt him, and that he simply started too late. Yeah, Julio, the 12th round is pretty late to "start". SMH.

Comment

• I have respect for JCC Jr. now, being in that arena live, he was getting worked over good for those first eleven rounds. I know Maravilla was hurting and looking tired, but Chavez Jr. didn't give up on himself and gave his all in that last round, almost pulling out a shocker.

I personally don't see the need for an immediate rematch, it won't look any different than the first eleven rounds. If Chavez Jr. beats Golovkin or something along those lines, maybe. But not right now. Martinez has earned a good rest from his injuries and his outstanding victory.

Comment

• Originally posted by 915angel View Post
        martinez is lucky the rounds aint 15 no more one more round he woulda get ko'd
        And Chavez is lucky there's no more same-day weigh ins...

Comment

• Just watched the fight...What a thrilling last round...Maravilla dominated from 1 to 11 hands down,he showed who the best boxer on the ring is .Props to Julio for having the cojones to continue and punch till last second.

FOTY so far ,now Sergio is on the drive seat again(where he belongs).... bring him May at 156 for the MW crown.

GRACIAS SERGIO!

Comment

• Martinez schooled him hands down and a rematch would make millions but it would be the same result

Comment

• Originally posted by PulpFriction View Post
              No chavez sucks he's a C class fighter and never had a chance, the "punch" only had something to do with it cause of course he has to be much heavier like he is with all his opponents. If chavez fought a guy his own size he'd be in big trouble he's a 1/10000 of what his father was obv

Well put... The only reason he fights this weight glass is because he cant compete with guys his own size and he would get further exposed. I've said it all along. If Jr is this marvel of middleweight boxing why hasn't he seen any of the Super 6 fighters?? Martinez is a natural 154 pounder fighting above his class.

Lets see Jr against Froch, Ward, Kessler.. Any of them... Hes a Bum Bum Bum...

Comment

• Originally posted by llamas1 View Post
                Well put... The only reason he fights this weight glass is because he cant compete with guys his own size and he would get further exposed. I've said it all along. If Jr is this marvel of middleweight boxing why hasn't he seen any of the Super 6 fighters?? Martinez is a natural 154 pounder fighting above his class.

Lets see Jr against Froch, Ward, Kessler.. Any of them... Hes a Bum Bum Bum...
                That's been debunked, he was like 175 lbs 30 days before the fight. Jr middles don't walk around at that weight (except for Canelo ).

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  That's been debunked, he was like 175 lbs 30 days before the fight. Jr middles don't walk around at that weight (except for Canelo ).
                  Well der pal, maybe you can tell me the weight classes he has fought in? I don't remember seeing anything above 160, all I can find is 147, 154 and da 160 pound class. Where did you find da info on him fightin at 168? You ain't a snitch is you?

Comment

• Was Chavez officially drug tested after the fight, & who ran the testing?
                    Can't seem to find a definitive answer or a solid report on the procedure...

NOTE: now that Martinez is in the drivers suite regarding a rematch(!!?), he can demand an independant full-array drug-test as well as a pre-fight weigh-in. Many in the boxing world would be very interested in the answers.
                    Even with youth on his side & a top professional team behind him, Chavez is clearly on the outer limits of what should be possible, & Roy Jones estimate 190lb's looked to be on the money. Previously I was thinking youth & his very expensive team may of explained it, but am now having some real doubts.

Comment

• Originally posted by macman View Post
                      Was Chavez officially drug tested after the fight, & who ran the testing?
                      Can't seem to find a definitive answer or a solid report on the procedure...

NOTE: now that Martinez is in the drivers suite regarding a rematch(!!?), he can demand an independant full-array drug-test as well as a pre-fight weigh-in. Many in the boxing world would be very interested in the answers.
                      Even with youth on his side & a top professional team behind him, Chavez is clearly on the outer limits of what should be possible, & Roy Jones estimate 190lb's looked to be on the money. Previously I was thinking youth & his very expensive team may of explained it, but am now having some real doubts.
                      NSAC...

Just because it's not OSDT doesn't mean they just completely don't test you at all..

Comment

Working...
                      X