No announcement yet.

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs Sergio Martinez Post Fight Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    Yes, I know I'll get some crap from the hardcore Cotto fans. But Sergio, at 160 or even a 157 CW or something, will stop Cotto.

Sergio is just all wrong for Cotto. If this happens next year, someone needs to bump this thread.
    I agree, and for those reasons Cotto won't do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      In boxing terms, he wasn't. Never went down, never appeared to be in any real danger. A left hand in the end of round 4 was the closest thing to Chavez being "hurt" and he took it well.

Did you see Margarito get hurt by Pacquiao?

They were injured but not "hurt".
      Yeah actually he did hurt him with. Shot to the liver.

Comment

• If this fight does happen Cotto's Best bet is too have Maravilla come down at a catch weight. I do believe this fight would be a lot more competitive than people think. But if Cotto fights out of his comfort zone and stamina drops I can see a late stoppage. But I dont see this fight happening when theres a better offer on the table like Canelo.

Comment

• martinez will beat the living crap out of cotto worse than manny did.

Comment

• I was watching a round 12 replay on Youtube and then read some comments.

"martinez down so easy... if that was Pacman Punches, he can never get back."
            br00ms 2 hours ago

LOL

Comment

• I feel bad for Jr., that's basically his career over.

Comment

• I want to see him beating Cotto then Mayweather afterwards
                sport of boxing needs good role models like Maravilla

Comment

• it was very nice match...i enjoyed it watching with my little child, he was very excited before this match,

Comment

• Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                    Chavez will balloon up to 220+ while he recovers
                    He may not get that big but I'm sure he will reach his heaviest...he will be sedentary...in all likelihood depressed and have to weather through alot of doubts about himself...and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he develops some very nasty habits. It may all very well do him in as a fighter spiritually...and a broken orbital bone often does-in a fighter physically.

Ever since the fight was announced I kept thinking Jr won't really go through with it...I really only started to believe it would happen when he showed up for the weigh-in. He had no business being there. I honesty think that he believed all the BS that was created to hype and sell him...and now reality will set in and although he is talking up a rematch...I wouldn't be at all surprised if stays away from boxing for a very long time...maybe forever. I think Martinez did more than just break his face...he may have broke him period...and I said as much in a thread a week before the fight that this would happen. He had never step in the ring with anyone even close to 1/2 the skills and talent of Martinez...and it would be way to much for him to deal with mentally as well as physically.

Comment

• Originally posted by gallagheri
                      I don't think so demonlight. Maybe the people writing the original text misstyped, but I dunno really.

The sentence was the following: "Es un tipo raro"

"Es" goes for IS
                      "Un" goes for "A"
                      "Tipo" goes for "Guy"
                      "Raro" goes for "Strange" or maybe Weird.

I didn't understand that part either, to be quite frank. I just translated what I read .
                      your translation is correct.. bostero o gallina?

Comment

Working...
                      X