Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Deontay Wilder Fan Club~

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to bring it back as it is fight night. It is a shame it has to be against Stiverne since he is pretty m much made to make Wilder look good (probably even mores now than the first fight).

Still it is heavyweight boxing and anything can happen so hopefully Stiverne puts up a more spirited effort to make the fight more interesting.

Comment

• I think this fight will be more entertaining than the first one and this time there will be a stoppage.

I don't think Stiverne is stupid enough to think that his current, fatter version has the stamina to take Deontay out in the late rounds. At least I hope he isn't. Plus there's a genuine bad blood beetwen the two.

He has to go in all guns blazing from round 1, that's his only chance of winning imo. And I think he will.

As for Wilder, I give him a pass for this fight. It's not his fault Ortiz ****ed up.

But after the fight, no excuses. AJ fight won't happen until summer 2018, he has to fight a top heavy in beetwen now and summer.
      Last edited by Szef; 11-04-2017, 04:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post
        I think this fight will be more entertaining than the first one and this time there will be a stoppage.

I don't think Stiverne is stupid enough to think that his current, fatter version has the stamina to take Deontay out in the late rounds. At least I hope he isn't. Plus there's a genuine bad blood beetwen the two.

He has to go in all rounds blazing from round 1, that's his only chance of winning imo. And I think he will.

As for Wilder, I give him a pass for this fight. It's not his fault Ortiz ****ed up.

But after the fight, no excuses. AJ fight won't happen until summer 2018, he has to fight a top heavy in beetwen now and summer.
        Yea I think this fight will be better, if Stiverne has wanted this fight and claimed the first fight he was not at his best. If he brings that same game I will be severely disappointed in him because if he throws caution to the wind maybe he catches Wilder and he can certainly has the pop to hurt him. It could easily lead to him getting knocked out by Wilder but at least that would be a fun fight to watch while it lasted. So I hope you are right.

I just don't know who Wilder fights that is decent early next year because without Joshua the division is pretty thin. I can't blame Wilder for not looking at Povetkin given that history, I suppose Ortiz could get a pass because he is a Haymon guy so they may be able to smooth that over but who knows if the money is there now for it considering Ortiz is a pretty big risk (not like risk in the ring, he is that too but risk from a point of the fight not coming off because of him and everyone wasting time again). Parker is doing his own thing really.

After those dudes we are into the also-rans really where we can throw them all into a hat and pick one they are more or less the same guy.

Comment

• I won't lie and say I'm a "fan", but I do admire the guy and his supporters. Especially now when it's so popular, and easy, to bash on the guy. But, I've never followed the popular princesses.

If Deontay's training ever gets on-point, he will be lethal with the physical gifts he has; reach, hand speed, decent stamina, and spooky power. He just needs the footwork to support his foot speed and then his defense will come together.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            Yea I think this fight will be better, if Stiverne has wanted this fight and claimed the first fight he was not at his best. If he brings that same game I will be severely disappointed in him because if he throws caution to the wind maybe he catches Wilder and he can certainly has the pop to hurt him. It could easily lead to him getting knocked out by Wilder but at least that would be a fun fight to watch while it lasted. So I hope you are right.

I just don't know who Wilder fights that is decent early next year because without Joshua the division is pretty thin. I can't blame Wilder for not looking at Povetkin given that history, I suppose Ortiz could get a pass because he is a Haymon guy so they may be able to smooth that over but who knows if the money is there now for it considering Ortiz is a pretty big risk (not like risk in the ring, he is that too but risk from a point of the fight not coming off because of him and everyone wasting time again). Parker is doing his own thing really.

After those dudes we are into the also-rans really where we can throw them all into a hat and pick one they are more or less the same guy.
            Nah, Ortiz and Povetkin are done to me. I don't want to see them getting a shot at the title ever again. They could fight each other doe. I'd watch it.

As for Parker, Hearn said AJ's next fight will be outside of the UK, so I'm thinking they might make Parker an offer he can't refuse.

I obviously would want to see Parker fight Wilder next as that would be the fight for the #2 spot at the divison (right now), but money talks and AJ would be a bigger payday for Parker.

So that leaves us with Whyte. He's not great by any means, but he does have the style that would cause Deontay trouble (a very, very poor Joe Frazier version wannabe). Though Wilder is suppose to fight the winner Breazale /Molina, but I'm sure Hearn and WBC could work something out like they did with Stiverne and Ortiz.
            Last edited by Szef; 11-04-2017, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Nah, Ortiz and Povetkin are done to me. I don't want to see them getting a shot at the title ever again. They could fight each other doe. I'd watch it.

As for Parker, Hearn said AJ's next fight will be outside of the UK, so I'm thinking they might make Parker an offer he can't refuse.

I obviously would want to see Parker fight Wilder next as that would be the fight for the #2 spot at the divison (right now), but money talks and AJ would be a bigger payday for Parker.

So that leaves us with Whyte. He's not great by any means, but he does have the style that would cause Deontay trouble (a very, very poor Joe Frazier version wannabe). Though Wilder is suppose to fight the winner Breazale /Molina, but I'm sure Hearn and WBC could work something out like they did with Stiverne and Ortiz.

With Parker I just don't know he seems like he is in his own bubble, when he is the guy that really needs to be throwing his hat in the ring. I just don't know what Parker brings outside the UK, I can't see Parker going to Nigeria and fighting Parker in Vegas or New York he could basically fight anyone and probably do better not having to pay off Parker to drop his belt.

Yea it is pretty much Whyte or Breazeale (I am counting Molina out if he wins I will be disgusted at that prospect), they are not similar fighters obviously but I would rate them as about equals and with both being Joshua left overs they both basically serve the exact same purpose. I guess they could do Macau or something that would be outside the box.

To me the choice between those two really comes down to a Joshua guarantee should he beat Whyte, if Hearn is playing games Wilder should probably just do his own thing and fight Breazeale no need to line Hearn's pockets if the Joshua fight is not really on the table. If the Joshua fight is happening if he beats Whyte then there is no other way for him to go, he needs to do what it takes to secure the fight.

To me that is average though like a lot of Wilder's run, so honestly I couldn't expect him to get any real recognition, although Wilder really just needs to keep winning and he will be just fine.

Comment

• I think he has improved and become more patient in the ring. He still needs to work on his balance, punch selection and defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                  I think he has improved and become more patient in the ring. He still needs to work on his balance, punch selection and defense.
                  Despite a near DQ against Charlie Z for hitting Charlie when he was begging for his life... Seriously he has improved a lot with setting up his shots. Its really a question of how much he can continue to improve because guys like Whyte, Parker and even Joshua have a little more seasoning in the ring. Wilder also has got to be able to throw more punches a round.

Comment

I think this fight will be more entertaining than the first one and this time there will be a stoppage.

He has to go in all guns blazing from round 1, that's his only chance of winning imo. And I think he will.

You think he endangers himself to losing the belt ? I don't see it, Whyte is truly awful and he wants no part of him !

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                      With Parker I just don't know he seems like he is in his own bubble, when he is the guy that really needs to be throwing his hat in the ring. I just don't know what Parker brings outside the UK, I can't see Parker going to Nigeria and fighting Parker in Vegas or New York he could basically fight anyone and probably do better not having to pay off Parker to drop his belt.

Yea it is pretty much Whyte or Breazeale (I am counting Molina out if he wins I will be disgusted at that prospect), they are not similar fighters obviously but I would rate them as about equals and with both being Joshua left overs they both basically serve the exact same purpose. I guess they could do Macau or something that would be outside the box.

To me the choice between those two really comes down to a Joshua guarantee should he beat Whyte, if Hearn is playing games Wilder should probably just do his own thing and fight Breazeale no need to line Hearn's pockets if the Joshua fight is not really on the table. If the Joshua fight is happening if he beats Whyte then there is no other way for him to go, he needs to do what it takes to secure the fight.

To me that is average though like a lot of Wilder's run, so honestly I couldn't expect him to get any real recognition, although Wilder really just needs to keep winning and he will be just fine.
                      I think he should fight Whyte even if the Joshua fight next isn't a guarantee.

It'd shut his critics (such as myself) up because he would have fought the only top(ish) heavy that would be available at the time.

Because if Hearn decided to go with Haye or Fury (two most likely opponents other than Wilder for the summer showdown), Deontay could honestly say 'I've done everything I can to make this fight happen'.

It'd put an enormous pressure on Hearn to make this fight happen and would gain him the respect from the fans he's currently lacking.
                      Last edited by Szef; 11-04-2017, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X