No announcement yet.

The Deontay Wilder Fan Club~

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
    Despite a near DQ against Charlie Z for hitting Charlie when he was begging for his life... Seriously he has improved a lot with setting up his shots. Its really a question of how much he can continue to improve because guys like Whyte, Parker and even Joshua have a little more seasoning in the ring. Wilder also has got to be able to throw more punches a round.
    Yea I agree he pretty much is what he is at this point and that will either be good enough or not. He can improve a bit if he keeps working hard in the gym but he is always going to have certain issues.

He can still be pretty damn good with his issues because he has strengths to help cover them up but they will always be there to a degree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post
      I think he should fight Whyte even if the Joshua fight next isn't a guarantee.

It'd shut his critics (such as myself) up because he would have fought the only top(ish) heavy that would be available at the time.

Because if Hearn decided to go with Haye or Fury (two most likely opponents other than Wilder for the summer showdown), Deontay could honestly say 'I've done everything I can to make this fight happen'.

It'd put an enormous pressure on Hearns to make this fight happen and would gain him the respect from the fans he's currently lacking.

That is true, I could see him going about either way and wouldn't be bothered really.

Plus Whyte would be worth more, he can probably make like 2 million fighting Breazeale maybe 2.5 if Breazeale handles business tonight and the bad blood between the guys seeps out tonight. Still Whyte by the end of the day is probably pushing 5 million for Wilder which is insane, and Wilder is not the sort of fighter that should be worried about judges (ref maybe). In boxing it is generally wise to just take the money, not to mention the backend help if it raises his profile and gets him even more for the big fight, while Breazeale would likely be neutral for that purpose (just like any other win).
      Last edited by The Gambler1981; 11-04-2017, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
        Despite a near DQ against Charlie Z for hitting Charlie when he was begging for his life... Seriously he has improved a lot with setting up his shots. Its really a question of how much he can continue to improve because guys like Whyte, Parker and even Joshua have a little more seasoning in the ring. Wilder also has got to be able to throw more punches a round.
        I think he needs to start using the uppercut, i have been watching some of his highlights and the shot is right there for him

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
          You think he endangers himself to losing the belt ? I don't see it, Whyte is truly awful and he wants no part of him !
          Whyte fight wasn't realistic at this time.

Hearn was willing to pay him 4m pounds for the fight in the UK, not in Alabama. That's the whole point of fight, introduce him to the British public.

I don't blame Wilder for not wanting to travel to the UK which such short notice.
          Last edited by Szef; 11-04-2017, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Whyte fight wasn't realistic at this time.

Hearn was willing to pay him 4m pounds for the fight in the UK, not in Alabama. That's the whole point of fight, introduce him to the British public.

I don't blame Wilder for not wanting to travel to the UK which such short notice.
            Wilder is being offered Febuary.

So I'm asking you do you believe he takes on a credible threat between now and unifying ?

Comment

So I'm asking you do you believe he takes on a credible threat between now and unifying ?
              Get your hating ass out of my thread~

Comment

Yeah, I misunderstood your post, my bad.

I think he will because the credible threat is Dillian Whyte.

He's a beatable guy who's win over gives him exposure to the British public thus a better negotiationing leverage vs Joshua plus he'd get the biggest payday of his career.

The only person imo who can stop this fight from happening is Suleiman with his mandatory BS but he always goes where the money is. And the money is with Hearn.

Comment

Yeah, I misunderstood your post, my bad.

I think he will because the credible threat is Dillian Whyte.

He's a beatable guy who's win over gives him exposure to the British public thus a better negotiationing leverage vs Joshua plus he'd get the biggest payday of his career.

The only person imo who can stop this fight from happening is Suleiman with his mandatory BS but he always goes where the money is. And the money is with Hearn.
                  I don't rate Whyte, he's perfect fodder to build up Wilder as a super fighter. I guess Wilder is just delaying angling for more money which is understandable.

I'm starting to believe Wilder will take that fight hence why Parker hasn't been offered it, Wilder vs Joshua is easily a bigger fight for the summer, Parker really hasn't looked great lately I'm not sure what his UK standing is but I'm sure Wilder with his many Sky appearances is easily a bigger sell. Wilder was in the commentary team for AJ Wlad, the fans were screaming for him after the Takam fight.

Comment

• Any new fans LOL.

I mean Stiverne is done at the top (and probably in general) and clearly had nothing for Wilder tonight so no real meaning in this win.

Still looking impressive never hurts a guy no matter the opponent and always helps makes some new fans

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X