Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd's legacy stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Probably because those two wins (in the span of a couple months) were extremely impressive. Especially the manner in which he did it. I'm just ignoring the rest of your post because you sound like a scorned hater. Tell me, in your extensive research, did you happen to come across what the other top 10 fighters were doing in that time?
    well roy jones was dominating his third division and unifying titles with reggie johnson. oscar delahoya was in his 4th division and had just beaten whitaker, quartey and had a controverial loss against trinidad in a unification fight. trinidad had 17 defenses and had just beaten oscar in a unification fight. then we have floyd who had beaten genaro hernandez, angel manfredy, carlos alberto rios, and justin juuko. doesn't really fit to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
      well roy jones was dominating his third division and unifying titles with reggie johnson. oscar delahoya was in his 4th division and had just beaten whitaker, quartey and had a controverial loss against trinidad in a unification fight. trinidad had 17 defenses and had just beaten oscar in a unification fight. then we have floyd who had beaten genaro hernandez, angel manfredy, carlos alberto rios, and justin juuko. doesn't really fit to me.
      One, you have six more names to go. Two, one of those fighters dropped because he lost and the other fell because he looked like crap in winning. Within months after, all three had leaped over Floyd again. You are whining like a girl over a two month span when the list was in flux and Floyd creeped up briefly. Get a grip.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        One, you have six more names to go. Two, one of those fighters dropped because he lost and the other fell because he looked like crap in winning. Within months after, all three had leaped over Floyd again. You are whining like a girl over a two month span when the list was in flux and Floyd creeped up briefly. Get a grip.
        yeah floyd looked great against justin juuko. what does that prove? everyone looks great against subpar opposition. no reason for him to be ranked #2 in the world and leaping over guys who fought the best. People wanted to crown floyd the best without him earning it. it's plain to see. He fought some good fighters for sure but he mostly coasted on expectations rather than results. A guy like pac didn't get noticed till he actually accomplished something. If pac was beating justin juuko i don't see him being #2 in the world. Even when he beat barrera and was a 3 division champ he was only #6.

Comment

yeah floyd looked great against justin juuko. what does that prove? everyone looks great against subpar opposition. no reason for him to be ranked #2 in the world and leaping over guys who fought the best. People wanted to crown floyd the best without him earning it. it's plain to see. He fought some good fighters for sure but he mostly coasted on expectations rather than results. A guy like pac didn't get noticed till he actually accomplished something. If pac was beating justin juuko i don't see him being #2 in the world. Even when he beat barrera and was a 3 division champ he was only #6.
          Why so much emphasise on Justin Juuko?

He wasn't ranked highly due to beating Justin Juuko.

Comment

This has to be the most nonsensical, dumbest thing I've heard so far today. Coasted on expectations? And then you want to pretend he attained that status (for a couple months) off a Juuko win? Pathetic.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Why so much emphasise on Justin Juuko?

He wasn't ranked highly due to beating Justin Juuko.
              well he leaped from #8 to #2 based on beating justin juuko, carlos alberto rios, and carlos gerena. So maybe he was highly ranked because he beat carlos alberto rios or carlos gerena?

Comment

well he leaped from #8 to #2 based on beating justin juuko, carlos alberto rios, and carlos gerena. So maybe he was highly ranked because he beat carlos alberto rios or carlos gerena?
                Was that because he beat those fighters?

Or because of what he'd done recently before that combined with other fighters performances.

Come on, have some sense.

Comment

• Floyd made a career of avoiding the best. Would of gotten a sht of load of respect had he fought margs cotto and williams in their prime and not retire like a punk

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Was that because he beat those fighters?

Or because of what he'd done recently before that combined with other fighters performances.

Come on, have some sense.
                    If that were the case why did the ring drop him down to number 7 the next year? he fought emmanuel augustus and gregario vargas. 2 more nobodies. Shouldn't those wins combine with what he's already done and keep him high on the list or even move him up? After floyd dropped he actually took a risk and fought corrales. Not sure if it's related but possibly. Instead of everyone sucking his co-ck, if everyone called floyd a ducker(that he is) and stopped paying attention to his lame fights maybe he would feel compelled to take more risks. oh well that will never happen.
                    Last edited by daggum; 08-04-2012, 07:00 PM.

Comment

• Daggum vs IMDAZED.

Don't think these two BS ATGs have collided before.

When I read one's post, I think he's winning, before I read the other's and change my mind.

Comment

Working...
                      X