Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd's legacy stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by timboslice708 View Post
    He's not the best LW, and he's definitely not the best WW, so when people say he's the greatest, defensive wizard, most accurate puncher, etc. he's still not better than the best of all times.
    Please dont be so butt hurt...exactly how many championships have you won?

Comment

• Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
      I'm a heter because Floyd didn't fight the best opponents of his era? I Have not said Floyd ducked anyone or visa versa but for whatever reason these fights did not happen so you can't credit Floyd for fighting the best of his era when he didn't.

To many people willing to give Floyd credit for fights he never fought simply because they think he would have won anyway.
      You have done more than just point out who he hasn't fought, you're penalizing him for it. You're saying that since he didn't fight certain guys then he can't be considered one of the best of the best. That's hate. Its not about giving Mayweather credit for what he hasn't done, it's about giving him credit for what he has done. Regardless of who he hasn't fought, he's proven himself to be arguably the best fighter in the last 20 years or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        I'm not sure this makes much sense. Roy Jones wasn't the greatest in any of the traditional divisions either. Neither was Manny Pacquiao. So there legacies aren't secure?
        Didn't you know there is a maximum of 8 ATGs? 7 if you think Robinson is GOAT MW

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
        Duran
        Hearns
        Leonard
        Robinson
        Benitez
        Armstrong
        Pryor

Just off the bat by no means a complete list a lot more names could be added all have better resumes all would beat Floyd imo.
        Care to elaborate on this one?

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
          You have done more than just point out who he hasn't fought, you're penalizing him for it. You're saying that since he didn't fight certain guys then he can't be considered one of the best of the best. That's hate. Its not about giving Mayweather credit for what he hasn't done, it's about giving him credit for what he has done. Regardless of who he hasn't fought, he's proven himself to be arguably the best fighter in the last 20 years or so.
          joe calzaghe disagrees.

Comment

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post
            floyds best win is diego corrales. somebody who might not even make it in the hall of fame.

floyd's 2nd best win? castillo. somebody who is definitely not going to make it in the HOF.

floyd's 3d best win? shane mosley? admitted cheater shane mosley who shouldnt be in the hall of fame or pac's left overs miguel cotto.

How much is that greatness really worth in comparison to other ATG fighters?
            That's pretty sad tbh.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
              joe calzaghe disagrees.
              Goldie could not care less.

Comment

• Originally posted by tranquilo View Post
                That's pretty sad tbh.
                well he does have prime undefated ricky hatton & he's ignant & trifling errr i mean "entertaining" on 24/7......

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                  Goldie could not care less.
                  oh yeah and i forgot chris john.

Comment

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                    well he does have prime undefated ricky hatton & he's ignant & trifling errr i mean "entertaining" on 24/7......
                    He beat who they put in front of him
                    He will go down as one of the greats and will go to the HOF.
                    No matter what you think hater

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      oh yeah and i forgot chris john.
                      youre actually making my point for me. If it was all about the undefeated record then the guys that you named would garner the same respect and acclaim that Mayweater receives, yet they don't. I don't want you to hurt yourself, but why don't you take some time and think about why that is?

Comment

Working...
                      X