What's wrong with Guerro?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
    im not debating the money.

ortiz was the best welterweight other than manny, so therefore he wasnt the best welterweight was he!
    You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. Manny wasn't thirsty enough to drink.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. Manny wasn't thirsty enough to drink.
      dont start. mayweather wasnt prepared to fight pacquiao unless he got extra testing (which he didnt request before pacquiao came along) and 100% of the PPV profits.

anytime floyd talks about pacquiao, he talks about health and self preservation. when he talks about other fighters he is ready to die.

anyway, its his own legacy he is ruining, he would probably wipe the floor with pacquiao now he has slowed down a bit. but im sure you will be singing his praises regardless who he fights next, just like yall did with ortiz.

Comment

dont start. mayweather wasnt prepared to fight pacquiao unless he got extra testing (which he didnt request before pacquiao came along) and 100% of the PPV profits.

anytime floyd talks about pacquiao, he talks about health and self preservation. when he talks about other fighters he is ready to die.

anyway, its his own legacy he is ruining, he would probably wipe the floor with pacquiao now he has slowed down a bit. but im sure you will be singing his praises regardless who he fights next, just like yall did with ortiz.
        dont exaggerate. he asked manny to take the same testing he was taking, manny refused. the most recent offer is what it is.

if you have to take his statements out of context so be it. if manny agreed to the extra testing for both fighters, which was reasonable, then we wouldn't have had the other crap, including the Costas interview you got the self preservation qoutes.

oh yeah this is the new thing, floyd waited for manny to slow down. right. the older fighter waited for the younger fighter, who rejected the same offer he know wants, to slow down.

yeah his legacy is ruined.

Comment

dont exaggerate. he asked manny to take the same testing he was taking, manny refused. the most recent offer is what it is.

if you have to take his statements out of context so be it. if manny agreed to the extra testing for both fighters, which was reasonable, then we wouldn't have had the other crap, including the Costas interview you got the self preservation qoutes.

oh yeah this is the new thing, floyd waited for manny to slow down. right. the older fighter waited for the younger fighter, who rejected the same offer he know wants, to slow down.

yeah his legacy is ruined.
          he didnt ask him to take the test, he told him to take the test or he wouldnt fight at all.

the most recent offer is what it is, a joke.

what statements have i taken out of context?

i think you will find it isnt just the costas interview.

what style is likely to end your career earlier, mayweathers pot shot dont get hit style or pacs in your face prepared to take 1 to give 1?

he is ruining his legacy, he claims he is the best of all time.

Comment

he didnt ask him to take the test, he told him to take the test or he wouldnt fight at all.

the most recent offer is what it is, a joke.

i think you will find it isnt just the costas interview.

what style is likely to end your career earlier, mayweathers pot shot dont get hit style or pacs in your face prepared to take 1 to give 1?

he is ruining his legacy, he claims he is the best of all time.
            yeah, after manny kept bull****ting. but that isn't the thread topic.

$40 mil isn't a joke, the no ppv is.

self preservation is about manny's ped use. yes manny has never tested positive. but his inital refusal to test and the fact he refuses to have advajced testing for his fights speaks more than the alleged "acceptance" IMO.

pac's style has been used vs mainly TR bums since he went up to 135. and hey, manny chooses to fight his way, if he was good enough to box and move, he would.

people will always find a way to discredit floyd because they don't like the way he talks ****. his legacy is secure with rational people that dont have think that aspect of his self promoting takes away from his in ring brilliance.

Comment

yeah, after manny kept bull****ting. but that isn't the thread topic.

$40 mil isn't a joke, the no ppv is.

self preservation is about manny's ped use. yes manny has never tested positive. but his inital refusal to test and the fact he refuses to have advajced testing for his fights speaks more than the alleged "acceptance" IMO.

pac's style has been used vs mainly TR bums since he went up to 135. and hey, manny chooses to fight his way, if he was good enough to box and move, he would.

people will always find a way to discredit floyd because they don't like the way he talks ****. his legacy is secure with rational people that dont have think that aspect of his self promoting takes away from his in ring brilliance.
              40 mil isnt a joke? it was "40 mil take it or leave it" that is a joke.

self preservation is about mayweathers paranoia.

nothing takes away from mayweathers ring ability. but claiming your the best of all time and then fighting guys like ortiz instead of pacquaio does take away from his legacy.

i asked what did i take out of context and i also asked what style is likely to end your career earlier?!

Comment

40 mil isnt a joke? it was "40 mil take it or leave it" that is a joke.

self preservation is about mayweathers paranoia.

nothing takes away from mayweathers ring ability. but claiming your the best of all time and then fighting guys like ortiz instead of pacquaio does take away from his legacy.

i asked what did i take out of context and i also asked what style is likely to end your career earlier?!
                shade, you keep doing this. Don't get up in arms about floyd negotiating tough with a guy like manny who negotiated the same way over testing.

I saw the costas interview as did you. we both know the full context of the quotes.

floyd can't make manny fight him. at the end of the day, manny now wants the same deal he turned down in dec 09. That tells me all the posturing etc. was bull****. If manny wanted to fight, he'd have agreed in dec 09 to the testing. No need to wait until May to accept.

The self preservation quotes. In theory, manny' style would make for a shorter career. manny fights the way he does because he isn't good enough to fight the way floyd does, not because of any other reason.

Comment

shade, you keep doing this. Don't get up in arms about floyd negotiating tough with a guy like manny who negotiated the same way over testing.

I saw the costas interview as did you. we both know the full context of the quotes.

floyd can't make manny fight him. at the end of the day, manny now wants the same deal he turned down in dec 09. That tells me all the posturing etc. was bull****. If manny wanted to fight, he'd have agreed in dec 09 to the testing. No need to wait until May to accept.

The self preservation quotes. In theory, manny' style would make for a shorter career. manny fights the way he does because he isn't good enough to fight the way floyd does, not because of any other reason.
                  keep doing what?

exactly, so the jibberish you were saying about the older fighter was just that, jibberish!

pacquiao will fight mayweather if the terms are fair. he has said 50/50 which is fair. floyd isnt prepared to do that, and he isnt prepared to do 45/45 with 10 to the winner. so come of the crap that mayweather cant make pacquiao fight him. i bet pacquiao would take 60/40 in favour of floyd.

however, floyd sayin and i quote " 40 mil, take it or leave it" isnt what id call a guy who wants to fight.

Comment

The self preservation quote. You have taken out of context.

That obviously depends on the fighter.

Do all defensive fighters who avoid punishment last longer in this game?

I'm sure Wilfred Benitez could argue differently.

Comment

keep doing what?

exactly, so the jibberish you were saying about the older fighter was just that, jibberish!

pacquiao will fight mayweather if the terms are fair. he has said 50/50 which is fair. floyd isnt prepared to do that, and he isnt prepared to do 45/45 with 10 to the winner. so come of the crap that mayweather cant make pacquiao fight him. i bet pacquiao would take 60/40 in favour of floyd.

however, floyd sayin and i quote " 40 mil, take it or leave it" isnt what id call a guy who wants to fight.
                      Floyd has been saying 60/40. Merchant asked him about that exact split and would he come off it after the Cotto fight, so perhaps you are wrong about manny.

How do you reach the conclusion manny would fight when the terms are fair when he turned down terms in dec 09 that were favorable? just like you hold floyd accountable for his actions and words, you must do the same with manny.

right now, manny doesn't deserve a 50/50 split and the numbers show this beyond a shadow of any doubt. 60/40 is fair, manny should take that, but he hasn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X