Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's wrong with Guerro?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guerrero is adecent fighter lookin for a payday. It would be an acceptable tune-up. Floyd said he wouldnt fight 5 strong champs and Guerrero doesnt seem like a tough match up for Mayweather

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      Ortiz never made more for a fight then he did floyd. No one is even debating this. You have no idea how much Bradley would've made fighting floyd. The info is available on this board, its been posted numerous times.

Oh, you just wanted to post delusional floyd fans. ok I see where this is going.
      He was making close to a million dollar fighting in HBO. Making 1.5 aint that significant considering that Berto was making around that fighting in HBO. It is easy to say that Bradley wasnt going to make $5million against Floyd, because he dont have a fan base or following like Ortiz Mex-Am following. Ortiz making that money is shameful considering that he is a GBP boxer and he should have a higher pay. Fighting Floyd dont guaranteed making that much money. It guarantee exposure, but that is about it.

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      2 things:

Mosley and cotto also made more fighting floyd than they did others. They obviously had fought other people.

Ortiz was the best ww, at the time, other than manny or floyd. but please tell the other poster he made his highest payday fighting floyd.
      There is a reason that Cotto and Mosley made more money fighting Floyd. They co-promote the event. They have leverage when negotiating. Mosley had interest in GBP so obviously he can negotiate more money. Cotto promotional company did the same. There is more to the events, negotiation and money involve that what you think. If you cant bring nothing to the table you aint making money. That is why it is delusional to think that Guerrero will make big money in a fight against Floyd.

And dont make my statements a Floyd vs Pac thing. I care less about that topic.

Comment

• Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
        He was making close to a million dollar fighting in HBO. Making 1.5 aint that significant considering that Berto was making around that fighting in HBO. It is easy to say that Bradley wasnt going to make $5million against Floyd, because he dont have a fan base or following like Ortiz Mex-Am following. Ortiz making that money is shameful considering that he is a GBP boxer and he should have a higher pay. Fighting Floyd dont guaranteed making that much money. It guarantee exposure, but that is about it.

There is a reason that Cotto and Mosley made more money fighting Floyd. They co-promote the event. They have leverage when negotiating. Mosley had interest in GBP so obviously he can negotiate more money. Cotto promotional company did the same. There is more to the events, negotiation and money involve that what you think. If you cant bring nothing to the table you aint making money. That is why it is delusional to think that Guerrero will make big money in a fight against Floyd.

And dont make my statements a Floyd vs Pac thing. I care less about that topic.
        are you semi ******ed? you said ortiz didn't make the most fighting floyd then in this post you said ortiz made the most in his career fighting floyd.

you have no idea what bradley would make fighting floyd, its all speculation on your part.

Mosley and cotto co promoted vs manny and vs floyd. they both made mroe for the floyd fights, their highest payday in their respective careers.

Guerrero will make more fighting floyd than fighting any other fighter right now, period.

for you to argue anything else is pointless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          are you semi ******ed? you said ortiz didn't make the most fighting floyd then in this post you said ortiz made the most in his career fighting floyd.

you have no idea what bradley would make fighting floyd, its all speculation on your part.

Mosley and cotto co promoted vs manny and vs floyd. they both made mroe for the floyd fights, their highest payday in their respective careers.

Guerrero will make more fighting floyd than fighting any other fighter right now, period.

for you to argue anything else is pointless.
          Dude, I'm not saying he is not going to make much more. I'm talking about people talking about making so much money against Floyd. It is not a given. What Ortiz got for fighting him was shameful. JMM got more fighting Pac than he did against Floyd. It is his biggest payday.

Speculating what Bradley could make is not wrong considering what Ortiz made in that fight. Ortiz brings more to the table than Bradley and that is a fact. He has a bigger following.

Mosley and Cotto did not co-promote their fight against Pac in the same manner they did against Floyd. You are wrong and went ****** on that assumption. The promoter for the fight was Top Rank. And they take 27% of the grossing revenues. Because Cotto was signed by TR, there is no need for Cotto to put capital. However against Floyd, he was the co-promoter with a capital venture with GBP and MP. When MCP appears as co-promoter in fights against Margarito and Pacman is for tax purposes and not for capital gain.

Guerrero can make as much money as his company can negotiate for him. That doesnt guarantee he can make more money fighting Floyd than fighting Pac.

Comment

Dude, I'm not saying he is not going to make much more. I'm talking about people talking about making so much money against Floyd. It is not a given. What Ortiz got for fighting him was shameful. JMM got more fighting Pac than he did against Floyd. It is his biggest payday.

Speculating what Bradley could make is not wrong considering what Ortiz made in that fight. Ortiz brings more to the table than Bradley and that is a fact. He has a bigger following.

Mosley and Cotto did not co-promote their fight against Pac in the same manner they did against Floyd. You are wrong and went ****** on that assumption. The promoter for the fight was Top Rank. And they take 27% of the grossing revenues. Because Cotto was signed by TR, there is no need for Cotto to put capital. However against Floyd, he was the co-promoter with a capital venture with GBP and MP. When MCP appears as co-promoter in fights against Margarito and Pacman is for tax purposes and not for capital gain.

Guerrero can make as much money as his company can negotiate for him. That doesnt guarantee he can make more money fighting Floyd than fighting Pac.
            it doesn't matter what you think about the payday. it was larger, which meant your post which i responded to was wrong. period.

as for cotto and mosley, they made more fighting floyd. If the made more because of the diffenreces in promotion-THEY STILL MADE MORE. period.

Guerrero would make more fighting floyd than he would manny, therfore, because the same co promotional advantages that was in place for Mosley is in place for Guerrero.

Comment

What makes you guys think that fighting Floyd is a great pay day? Ortiz didnt make much money of their fight. Bradley made more money than Ortiz. JMM made more fighting Pac than fighting Floyd.
              Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              it doesn't matter what you think about the payday. it was larger, which meant your post which i responded to was wrong. period.

as for cotto and mosley, they made more fighting floyd. If the made more because of the diffenreces in promotion-THEY STILL MADE MORE. period.

Guerrero would make more fighting floyd than he would manny, therfore, because the same co promotional advantages that was in place for Mosley is in place for Guerrero.
              How that was wrong? Ortiz highest payday dont mean that is a great pay day. Specially when you compare what he got to what Bradley, a guy with no following, earned for fighting Pac. How I'm wrong when JMM made more money fighting Pac than fighting Floyd? Please explain that to me.

It is not about fighting Floyd what gets you the more money. It is about negotiating. Right now, obviously Guerrero has a bigger chance to land a Floyd fight because he is with GBP. But if he was with TR, the way they match up Pac and Guerrero winning that interimn ish, I would bet that TR offers him a bigger amount for fighting Pac than GBP can offer him to fight Floyd, because Floyd ask for too much money.

Comment

• How the **** did this turn into a Pacquiao v Mayweather thread?

Comment

• I see some in here calling this fight a tune up. IMO no tuneup should be on ppv.

Comment

• Wouldn't be the first time... Men have come from all around to fight Tyson knowing damn well they weren't gonna last a round

Comment

Working...
                    X