No announcement yet.

What's wrong with Guerro?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
    I know that he is looking for a pay day but realistically how much will he make against Mayweather? It is not like he is a draw like Cotto or Marquez who are capable of demanding a reasonable slice of the pie. As things stand he is a bit of a no name. I doubt he'd get within a million of 5.

If he puts on the performances at 140lb then he could demand more each fight.
    Probably 2 mil. 4 times as much as he will make anywhere else against anyone else at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      How was Cassamayor shot exactly? He had just beaten an undefeated prime Katsidis, gave Marquez absolutely hell (I think he was possibly winning that fight but could be wrong)

Katsidis was in the form of his life coming off wins Escobedo, an undefeated Mitchell in his hometown & gave Marquez one hell of a fight.

At the times he beat these guys they was still very useful!
      Useful but not near prime , Rocky is target practice for a good boxer and is really about top 8-5 if he had a bit more brain he would have stopped Casa inside 6 but you cant make those amateur mistakes at that level and Katsidis always does .

Casas style will give anybody problems , but Casa was past it in those fights .

Comment

Everybody and there mother wants to fight Floyd or Pac...."the squeaky wheel gets the grease"

Comment

Rob Guerrero needs to do WORK

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
          If he puts on the performances at 140lb then he could demand more each fight.
          That'd really help out Guerrero's stock some, not his fault because injury but missing that Maidana fight last year really cost him, and he had to come back big, thus taking on Aydin @ Welterweight

Originally posted by Njord777 View Post
          I mean, I guess the logic behind the thread is, not only was Guerrero change his typical demeanor to get in line for a Money fight, but he doesn't look like, based on the Aydin fight, he's made a case for being the best guy at 147-154 to fight the best.

And if you aren't the best guy outside of Mayweather and Pacquiao, you don't need to be in the ring with guys that get that sort of draw....
          the bold is my issue with Guerrero. Moving up from Lightweight is one thing, and kudos to Rob, he added another Interim belt to the collection

but unless he signs with Top Rank, one big win over an obscure name won't land you a Pacquiao fight. Or Mayweather even

not diminishing Guerrero's accomplishments, as he's won belts @ Feather, Super Feather, and Interim titles at Lightweight and now Welterweight, but if you want to hang with the best more needs to be done at the elite stage with more of an emphasis on wins at 140 or above

pre Aydin fight when Guerrero was calling out Mayweather & Pac, do you know how stupid he looked? Rob was trying to prop himself up to get a fight at Welterweight with his biggest wins 2 divisions lower. **it worked for Marquez in landing Mayweather, but compared to Guerrero, Marquez has proven so much more

"going around beating highly ranked dudes does not do much for him at this point."

^ if that comment is about Guerrero, I disagree strongly. Besides not really being proven above Lightweight, even with the recent win over Aydin, another big knock against Guerrero is that he hasn't beaten any big names.

in interviews I've read Guerrero say he's won multiple titles in several weight divisions, which is certainly true but when the biggest of those titles/names is a pair of Interim LW titles over Katsidis .... you need to do more.

shame the Maidana fight didn't happen last year as that'd no doubt have upped Rob's stock, but maybe he can target Judah.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ406 View Post

"going around beating highly ranked dudes does not do much for him at this point."

^ if that comment is about Guerrero, I disagree strongly. Besides not really being proven above Lightweight, even with the recent win over Aydin, another big knock against Guerrero is that he hasn't beaten any big names.

[/COLOR][/B]
            That comment is about Guerrero, or anyone else in the same situation. Go for the gusto always.

He could beat everyone in the top 10 twice outside of Manny and Floyd, and he would not gain as much as losing in good fashion to either man~

He has been a titlist on several occasions and beat several highly ranked guys who now are chumps~ it is not like he is some rookie he is a seasoned vet it is time to go for gusto~

Comment

He just isn't good enough to ask for such a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Njord777 View Post
                Floyd Mayweather, as a boxer, is your dream fight. It's all reward and no risk. Guerrero should lose to Floyd. His wife, children, and even himself will probably, in some small place, expect the undefeated Money to win. With the amount of cash you make fighting Floyd, it's worth it.

Guerrero just has to keep his head high and be in a decent fight. Cotto lost, but I'd say his esteem is through the roof with the casual fan. They loved seeing Floyd in an actual fight. So, even in losing, Miguel walked away gaining regard...

It's the same for every fight. You don't even have to actually win. You get a career high payday, and as long as you look decent, probably forever after increase your draw power and purses....
                I agree. Guerrero may believe he can beat Floyd even if few others think he has a chance. He is Floyd's mandatory and a nice easy coming out of jail fight for Floyd. I won't be surprised if he gets the fight. I do think he is really a lightweight and I think Matthysse would beat him. If he does not get the Floyd fight he should stay active and try to get fights with Paulie or Khan or other ranked fighters.

Comment

The O'jays - "For the love of money" von societyofsoul

Comment

There has to be something wrong for a pro fighter to want to fight Floyd?? That's weird, every fighter between 147-160 probably would love to fight him. Win, lose or draw they make bank. Crazy, crazy tread.

Comment

Originally posted by Story View Post
                      He just isn't good enough to ask for such a fight.
                      I disagree, considering the arguable 2 best fighters of this generation both campaigned in the same division & have never fought.

Comment

Working...
                      X