No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Martinez Warns Chavez About Weighing 20 Pounds More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxingfan76 View Post
    comments like that are thinly veiled,hes definitley worried about jr's size because the bigger jr is the less martinez punches will affect him.martinez is overlooking the fact that jrs offense is every bit as dangerous if not more as his own, that hes faster dont mean shiat, pac is faster than JMM and JMM done whupped that azz more than once already, countless fast fighters have been beaten by slower ones. The difference in this fight will be chavez viscous body assualt as martinez has never been attacked like that, martinez is just a head hunter something chavez has seen aplenty already.pavlik at the time martinez faced him was an alcholic, very one dimensional I say chavez is either going to beat martinez or take him to the brink, Im expecting a chavez win hes just too much for martinez too many weapons I see no real advantage for martinez in this fight not even his speed.
    What? Comparing JMM - Pacquiao 3 with Martinez vs Chavez Jr? JMM was slower than Pac, but he has a superior technique and ring IQ, that's why the speed wasn't a factor on that fight.

Martinez is technically superior, has at least 10 times more mobility than the previous opponents of Chavez Jr, he's also 10 times faster than Jr and has more power than Andy Lee. This isn't JMM - Pacquiao in which both boxers had some advantages, here Martinez is better in everything, the only factor that can help Jr to win is the fact that he's going to be 15-20 pounds heavier than Martinez on fight night, however that won't make a difference since he's not going to land anything on Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by 915angel View Post
      lol if pavlik was his toughest fight just wait till jr lands them body shots
      Let me analyze the mobility of the previous Chavez Jr's opponents:

Lee - Little
      Rubio - No mobility
      Manfredo - No mobility
      Zbik - Little mobility
      Lyell - No mobility

Chavez Jr has faced mediocre opponents who have little to no mobility at all. Martinez is a guy with a fantastic footwork, and what's going to happen to Chavez Jr is the same that happened to Pavlik a few years ago when he said between rounds "I can't hit him!!!"

Comment

Segio will b lucky if Jr outweighs him by only 20#'s...1 thing I c is segio must nnot let Jr bully him 2 the ropes where he can lay on hiom & dig body shots...keep it in the middle of the ring & use his sopeed as Jr doesn't have that 1 punch power...

Comment

Said it in another thread, I'll say it here - orthodox body punchers have a nightmare on their hands when it comes to a styllistically different southpaw. You can't be at a speed disadvantage in that situation and expect success.

Comment

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
            I truly like Sergio, but I think this fight might be harder than what people are expecting. The weight difference will play a big part in this fight. If Chavez come in great shape like he did with Lee and pound Sergio's body, it could be a long night for the older fighter. I see Sergio dominating the early rounds. By round 7, Chavez will start imposing his size on him and banging that body. From that point on, this fight will become brutal. Sergio will get hurt in this fight, but with his championship experience, he will know how to be patient and avoid getting KO'd. I think Sergio will outbox Chavez in 11 and 12 to squeak out a close split decision. It will be a war and blood will be spilled. This by no means will be an easy fight for either guy.
            ^^. This...

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
              Martinez is gonna light his ass up.
              like a blunt in a Amsterdam coffee shop

Comment

Martinez needs to recognise that this isn't a fight with a man coming off a 36hr tequila session, or some part-time janitor he promised a meal to. This is Julio Cesar Chavez Jr; the baddest man on the planet. He has more than one way to win this fight; he doesn't need to use his strength advantage - he could easily Mandredo Martinez. That is, stand at range, get his beautiful jab going and utilise his incredible lateral movement to soundly outbox Martinez - they don't call this kid "Sugar" for no reason.

46 have tried and 46 have failed. Martinez will be never be #1, but on September 15th, he can be #47.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  1st off, I'm a fan of both. Chavez has grown on me this last year. But to say the fight is a mismatch is a little overboard right now. There are 2 glaring advantages that Jr has in this fight for sure. It's age & size.

Jr is evolving into the premier pressure fighter in boxing. A complete pressure fighter with a vicious body attack. The fight will depend on how well Martinez will be able to use his legs & how long. Being pressured by someone that pays attention to the body is dangerous.

I still slightly favor Martinez because of his overall better boxing IQ & reflexes, but it isn't by much 60/40 Martinez, hell it may be tipped come fight week. If Martinez doesn't hurt Chavez early he'll be in for a long long night.
                  .................................................. .............

Comment

Martinez is going to circle, have Jr off balance all fight long and then bust him in the face every time he gets in range. Chavez has never fought a guy who can move and punch. Zbik could move a little and I think won the fight, but he didn't have the pop to make Jr respect him. Guys like Lee and Rubio couldn't move enough to keep from getting pushed into the corner. Martinez will never let him set his feet, will make him follow him around the ring all night, and bomb him with jabs and straight lefts until he lands the Paul Williams punch that ends the night.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                      Barker's not a bum, he's a NO NAME, But that guy is slick as hell, and never even been knocked down...he broke Martinez's nose, and pushed Martinez to the next lvl Martine hit him so hard, he busted his eardrum Macklin pushed Martinez to the next level, and he paid the price...You say Martinez opponents are bums, boy what are chavez's?..LOL...All I know is, if Chavez pushed Sergio, Sergio may potentially make him pay, cuz he extraordinarily did it in TWO fights in a ROW, Which impressed me I cant remember the last time chavez faced adversity, and made someone pay
                      False. He'd been knocked down numerous times prior to the Martinez fight.

Darren Barker had only ever fought above Domestic level once and that single time he looked average.

Comment

Working...
                      X