Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Martinez Warns Chavez About Weighing 20 Pounds More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can Martinez do if Chavez Jr. comes in at fight time as a cruiserweight?

Though it is dangerous for fighters to dry out to make weight for the weigh in but it gives them a great advantage come fight time.
    I miss same day weigh ins. If they brought it back you would see more fighters fighting at their natural weights. And would do more for the safety of boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
      What can Martinez do if Chavez Jr. comes in at fight time as a cruiserweight?
      What if he comes in as heavyweight? He would still get his arse tagged. Probably even worse than at cruiserweight. There is an optimal weight for JCCJ to allow sufficient speed to move around the ring. Stylistically, JCCJ is doomed against Martinez. So what JCCJ's team will do is to inflate him as much as possible during fight time so he can't get KO (so the theory goes).

If JCCJ goes the distance, we may see a robbery here. The more high profile the fight is involving "Cashing Bull**** Cows", the higher probability of robbery. Martinez needs to KTFO of JCCJ. Can't let this **** goes to the judges. Martinez has to go Hagler-style or the probability of that robbery is high. VERY VERY HIGH. THIS IS after all boxing.

Comment

I dont know about you guys, but from what I've seen, Chavez's added weight has always benefited him.

Comment

Working...
        X